1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Any fans of The Blacklist or predictions for January?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by burntfrijoles, Dec 3, 2020.

1. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

I recently finished binge watching all 7 seasons before viewing the recent two episodes of S8.
    I’m actually ready for the series to reach its conclusion although I will miss James Spader’s portrayal of Red.
    I have no love for Liz. Other than Red, I only like Dembe and Aram.
    I offer no predictions as there are too many possibilities.

Rustbucket likes this.
  2. johnny7

johnny7 Tele-Meister

I will bite....the show has turned in to procedural with bad guys of the week that who are all connected by the James Spader character's narrative. I believe the show has gone downhill. I do still watch but as regular as before.

3. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

I fell out a while back when Liz went on the run.

I loved the narrative of this straight shooting FBI agent having a father who is a career criminal but I wanted them to string that out much longer. I did not like it when they flipped Tom and eventually killed him off.

Spader as Red is pure genius, he is an underrated actor for sure.

srblue5 likes this.
  4. mfguitar

mfguitar Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I really like that show for a season or two but I really hate getting involved in soap operas with no ending.

5. srblue5

srblue5 Tele-Meister

I haven't finished the last season yet (my partner binged it without me when I was at work). I'll probably still watch the next season but the show lost its heart a while back. Didn't help when they killed Tom off and particularly after Samar left.

That being said, Red, Dembe, Glen (especially his interactions with Red - RIP) and Aram are the main reasons I watch that show. Liz and Ressler seem to lack personality.

6. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

I got bored by season 4-5. I thought it was winding down and got ramped op again

I like Red’s character but have hasn’t evolved much which I find boring

I’ll watch the final 2-3 episodes, if I can remember to record them

7. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity

It's ending? Thank gawd! I liked it at first, now I watch because the wife watches. It's the same BS over and over and over and over, over and over and over and over, over and over and over and over, over and over and over and over. Too much about Liz's parents, or not, or maybe or... etc ....jaysus! Get effing over it! Ahhh feel better now! :lol:

This show is why I like limited series and they are #1 now. Once you are out of good ideas just STOP!

8. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

I was binge watching earlier this year but fizzled out around season 5. Maybe I’ll pick up where I left off sometime.

9. Twin52

Twin52 Tele-Meister

I think I can safely say, as noted above, that it will continue to go in an endless circle of love hate with whoever Red is...until the series finale.

10. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

Agreed but Spader's performance makes it work. As for Keen and Ressler, they are totally incompetent. They, and the entire FBI, and other LEO constantly are ill prepared, outsmarted and made to look foolish. How many times can they blindly go into harms way by themselves?
    I do think it's played out and the final drama is coming with the big reveals. I hope Liz's character meets an untimely demise. She is so unlikable. Red with either die of natural causes or a meet brutal final end, possibly at Liz' hands. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

schmee likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.