1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Any Fans of BBE Pedals?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by zimbo, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Radspin

Radspin Friend of Leo's

I have a Tremor and it's excellent. The ability to choose between two speeds makes it really useful when playing live.

I had a Bench Press compressor which was also really, really good but I sold it because I just don't use compression much.

2. StormJH1

StormJH1 Tele-Holic

I recently got the 427 Distortion. It's relatively new, and I think it's a good "flagship" distortion pedal for this very affordable pedal line. The compressors interest me and, of course, the Sonic Stomp is kind of the thing that put them on the map, but there just isn't much else I need right now.

The 427 uses LED's for clipping. Has a nice warmth to it and a powerful tone control. I'd say it's in the same "category" of distortion as the DS-1, but the 427 is a superior pedal.

3. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Sonic Stomp that I've used for years, mostly on, but lately I've been using it depending on the level of bass and treble boost needed for the venue (or guitar)--it just seems to add unwanted frequencies at times. Of course, it's at least eight or ten years old.

I recently bought a used Boosta Grande from GC online after reading about them here. I love it. I haven't played live without it since it arrived.

4. creading

creading Tele-Holic

Two Timer here. I like it......simple and effective

5. AngelStrummer

AngelStrummer Friend of Leo's

I have the wah. The pot wore out very quickly, so I got that changed. Apart from that, it's a sweet sounding pedal.

6. zombiwoof

zombiwoof Tele-Afflicted

Thanks, Bench Press, that's the Ross comp clone I mentioned that I couldn't remember the name of. I have so many pedals that I haven't used some for a while.
    Al

7. StormJH1

StormJH1 Tele-Holic

Ah. So it looks like both that one and the new VariComp are based on the 3080 chip. Pretty sure the 3080 is the chip from the Ross Compressor, which is a more transparent compressor. I have a Ross variant in the form of the Joyo Dyna Compressor, which is quite good.

How do those differ from the OptiComp, which is $69.99?

Amazon.com: BBE OptiComp: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51K120tVAXL.@@AMEPARAM@@51K120tVAXL

I'm looking for more of a squishy compressor for CS-3/DynaComp type sounds.

8. Gabriel_volny

Gabriel_volny TDPRI Member

I Had a Green Screamer. I miss it a lot. I want it back. :cry:

9. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

Let's see......

Two Green Screamers (older block font & newer jet plane)
    Tremor
    Boosta Grande
    Free Fuzz
    Orange Squash
    Mind Bender

I love their stuff.

10. mattyboy

mattyboy Tele-Meister

I had a Green Screamer. Was a great pedal and wish I never sold it.

11. BAW4742

BAW4742 Tele-Afflicted

I have a Mindbender in my lineup right now.

12. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

No, the MXR has a treble boost. Or maybe just a high pass. Very high, and to me, annoying. Not deal breaker annoying, but it always bothered me. I gigged for a couple years with it as my only effect pedal. Whether by itself, or in a chain, it had the same effect. Lots of people claim not to hear it, others do. I'm telling you, it's there. Whatever it does, be it a pass or a treble boost, it's a got a high end presence that isn't there when it's off, or when you're plugged straight in.

I hear the same thing in the BG, but with low end instead of treble. That, I actually like.

I said for years that I would never gig without a Boosta Grande, for the rest of my life. I meant it, too. But then I discovered (quite by accident) the Pigtronix Class A Boost. Oh well. Nothing lasts forever I guess!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.