1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Any Fans of BBE Pedals?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by zimbo, Oct 3, 2015.

1. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's

It looks like a line of pedals that are mostly less expensive clones of other pedals. Like the Green Screamer. Any BBE pedals to recommend that stand on their own?

2. 11 Gauge

11 Gauge Doctor of Teleocity

I have the Two Timer, which IMO is a decent analog delay if you only need slapback to slightly longer delay times. Yes, some will complain that there isn't comprehensive adjustment of both of the delay settings, but that would have really driven the price up.

The Boosta Grande is a reworked MXR Micro Amp that lots of folks seem to really love. IOW, any of the complaints w/the quirks of the Micro Amp have been addressed with the Boosta Grande.

3. FenderBender10

FenderBender10 Tele-Holic

I've got their wah. I like it a lot. I've also heard good things about their sonic maximizer.

4. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

I own a Boosta Grande. The BBE pedals seem well built as far as I can tell.

5. rand z

rand z Friend of Leo's

Sonic Maximizer.

Wouldn't play live without it...

6. BariTele

BariTele Tele-Meister

I own a first generation opto-comp that sees a lot of use with acoustic guitar and bass. I wouldn't call it transparent, but it sounds more warm and natural than a Ross derivative.

7. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

bbe

Along with the Two Timer and Boosta Grande, the Soul Vibe is decent for the price.

8. Beachbum

Beachbum Friend of Leo's

I've got a Green Screamer and an Orange Squash that I've been using with my Twin for years. Good stuff.

9. Daddy Hojo

Daddy Hojo Friend of Leo's

I've got the "tremor" that is two independently adjustable tremolos within the same pedal. It does what a tremolo should and sounds great doing it.

10. Lowbassnotes

Lowbassnotes Friend of Leo's

Ben Wah I got in a horse trade for a Vox. It sounded great but had a slight clicking noise due to worn pot. Sent it to Mr. Gagan, he modded it with one of his pots and a volume knob. Fantastic wah at this point, they seem to be built rock solid.

11. Spunky

Spunky TDPRI Member

I have the sonic max, orange comp and freq boost always on my board. Well made and sound great.

S

12. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire

I also have the Tremor...really like it.

13. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

I have a few.. Their compressors are great.. Like that they have 'blend' control.. The two timer is decent enough but others have more control. The 'Range Master' clone was disappointing..got some real great deals on the older ones with the crude paint jobs when they came out with the repainted models.

14. thecornman

thecornman Tele-Meister

I have a AM64 Distortion I bought used a couple years back for about 20 bucks! Think it is supposed to be a Governor clone. Solid build and decent MIAB.

15. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

Just bought a Soul Vibe that I'm fairly pleased with.

16. valvestate

valvestate Tele-Afflicted

Hi 11 Gauge - can you please eloborate more with the 'issues' that Boosta Grande may have addressed? I had the Micro Amp before and I dunno if i is just me but it adds a bit of treble with when I use i as a clean boost. :p

Cheers!

17. zombiwoof

zombiwoof Tele-Afflicted

I've heard this before about the Micro Amp and it really doesn't add treble. It restores the treble you lose through multiple pedals and the extra cable length, so you are hearing the actual tone you would get going straight into the amp. The BG has the added benefit of true bypass switching, and I have one, but the bypass of the MA was never a problem for me because I left it on all the time. If you use it intermittently by switching it in and off you may notice a difference in treble as you describe.

I have many BBE pedals, including the BG, Two-Timer, the Ross and Orange Squeezer clones (mine is the early version of the Orange Squash called the Main Squeeze, they had to change the name because some other company was using that name). Can't remember the name of their Ross clone right now, but both comps are excellent. I have other various BBE pedals, including the BBE wah, which is the best early Vox-sounding wah on the market for the money IMO. And, I bought a Green Screamer that was close to new on Ebay, it had a faulty pot, and I sent it to BBE and they had it back to me fixed for free within a week. I had another occasion to use their support with equally great results. They have the best support for their pedals that I have ever encountered. I'm a big fan of BBE!.

Al

18. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

I have a Bench Press Compressor and a Green Screamer (jet graphics) that I love. I had a Window Pane that I liked the sound of, but if I rolled off the volume control on my guitar even slightly, it cleaned up making it useless for me. So, two out of three get a thumbs up from me.

19. The_Doctor [EV]

The_Doctor [EV] Tele-Meister

I've used several over the years. Soul Vibe, Mind Bender, Wah, and I tried a Windowpane Fuzz for a while. Wasn't wild over the fuzz, but loved all the others; I still consider the Wah to be the best I've ever used. Soul Vibe and Mind Bender were both excellent. I'd certainly buy BBE pedals again, should the opportunity present itself.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.