Any experience with the Bugera V5 Infinium 5 watt amp?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Jared Purdy, Oct 30, 2020.

1. braveheart

braveheart Tele-Afflicted

it was your statement about the Micro Cube "it (tube amp) will sound better than the Micro Cube..

I think I overread your statement a little to fast...the Micro Cube sounds great, but yes, of course, a good tube amp will sound better...like the VHT special 6 ...

It has been lonely and forgotten in the basement for 4 years..
    I rediscovered it last month and now use I it again... ...great sounding (Fender/voxy) pedal-friendly amp

Jared Purdy likes this.
  2. Jared Purdy

Jared Purdy Friend of Leo's

The basement is where mine is, and has been for years. I dusted it off the other day and plugged it in. It's got way more volume plugged in than with batteries. It is what it is. I bought it specifically for travelling (in my car) to play when at hotels.

When winter sets in, and furnace comes on, I can't keep all my guitars on the stands in the dining room, which is where I generally sit and play. I keep them away from the furnace vent, and bring up the humidifier, so one of the guitars has to go to the family room. Enter the need for a second, small amp. I'm hoping to check out the Fender 57' Champ and the Supro 1605R. They're both the perfect size, and totally different sounding than my Fender 64 Custom Hand Wired PR.

3. Jared Purdy

I just came across a store that carries Laney. It's the only store within many, many kilometres of where I live that carry the brand. They have one that looks very intriguing: L5T-112 Combo. 5 watts, two channel, digital reverb, in the same price range as the 57' Champ and the Supro 1605R. Going to call them to see if it's in stock.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    Digital Larry and TeleAndSG like this.
  4. TeleAndSG

TeleAndSG Tele-Afflicted

The Lionheart is also a nice option. If you try it, pleaese tell us how it sounds.

Jared Purdy likes this.
  5. Jared Purdy

Will do. Crazy hours though. The store doesn't open until 1PM, and it's about a 45 minute drive away. I'm going to call first. From the looks of the amp, it's physical size is a bit larger than what I'm after, but I'd like to check it out none the less.

It's got more features than any 5 watt amp I've seen, including a nifty, and useful tilt mechanism that allows the user to angle the amp so it's not parallel with the floor. I'm guessing it's made in China as the product description says "Designed and engineered in Great Britain".

6. TeleAndSG

TeleAndSG Tele-Afflicted

The nice thing about it is the 12 inch speaker (Celstion G12H30 70th Anniversary). Good luck.

Jared Purdy likes this.
  7. Jared Purdy

Agreed. That caught my attention. It would make for very big sound, even at lower volumes.

TeleAndSG likes this.
  8. marc2211

marc2211 Tele-Holic

Just to loop back on this, just ordered a Supro 1810r Blues King 5w... hopefully it’ll be here on Tuesday!

Jared Purdy likes this.
  9. JSMac

JSMac Tele-Holic

I didn't read all of the posts here but I also found the V5 too dark and dull sounding. Then I tried a Vox AC4C1-12 and I couldn't tame the treble. As far as low watt amps I guess I'm spoiled by my '70s vibro Champ.

Jared Purdy likes this.
  10. VintageSG

VintageSG Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

The Laney L5T-112 is an amp I aspire to own one day. Beautiful looking, wonderful sounding, but be warned, they're heavy. One of the amps that sent me on my low Watt journey. The other two being a Matamp Champ-a-like and the Laney Cub 8. I ended up with a Laney Cub 10, which is a fine amp, and building too many low Watt heads.
    My favourite low Watters are my Ampmaker WF-55 ( A Champ-a-like ) and my Madamp G3 ( Soviet valves bring sonic pleasure. And potato tractors )
    I know it's a swerve and a half, but have you considered building a Champ from a kit?. Something to do while the nights are long, and you get a Champ at the end of it. No downsides.

11. Jared Purdy

I just returned from checking out the Laney LST 112. I'm going to pass. For an amp of that physical size and weight, I might as well buy something in the 15-20 watt range. It's actually larger and heavier than my 64' Hand wired PR.

It's "okay" sounding. I'd never use the high gain channel. Way to brittle sounding for my ears. The clean channel isn't bad, and the digital reverb is surprisingly good. Nice looking amp. No qualms there.

Tomorrow I have the chance to check out the 57' Champ, and I noticed that there is a 1969 Silverface Champ for sale in my neighbourhood. Going to check that out as well.

12. zeke54

zeke54 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

If you watch Reverb you can find silverface Champs and Vibro Champs in the $800- $1000 range . Unless you decide on the Bugera , I would think about the Champs . I have one of each and I think they sound great ( and a lot of others do too ) and in time they won't get any cheaper . No master volume but you could use an OD pedal to knock down ( or up ) the volume .

Jared Purdy likes this.
  13. Jared Purdy

I opted for a 57' Custom Deluxe. Couldn't be happier.

14. SoK66

SoK66 Tele-Afflicted

I had one & sold it. Couldn't find one useful tone, utter mud.

Jared Purdy likes this.
  15. Jared Purdy

I took a pass on it.

SoK66 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.