Any Drifters Fans?

Mindovermatter62

Tele-Meister
One of my favorite groups are the Drifters, be it the rockin[Let The Boogie Woogie Roll] the soulful[Lucille] the cool[I Count The Tears] the beach sound[Under The Boardwalk] the tearjerker[There Was A Tear] the good times[Ruby Baby] the urban[On Broadway] the getaway song[Up On The Roof]...so many great songs, so many great singers... Clyde McPhatter- Johnny Moore- Ben E. King- Charley Thomas- Rudy Lewis-David Baughan- Gerhard Thrasher...it's all good, it's the Drifters!!

netgear69

Friend of Leo's
Love them
drifter_biscuit_bar_8_pack_63671_T1.jpg

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
Yesterday I referenced the below song in the thread about the isolated piano track in Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone." I love the piano part.

A few years ago our church choir presented a Christmas program with a song with the similar piano part and chord progression.

The Drifters did a lot of great songs.

Rick330man

Tele-Afflicted
I went to an Atlanta Hawks basketball game in 1988. Afterwards, as is common in major cities, the public transit lines were packed with fans going home. This story took place on the MARTA line (Atlanta subway).

Some guy stars singing "Under the Boardwalk" for his group of friends. They chime in. Pretty soon every single person on the train was singing along. It was great moment in time.

On a different note, my favorite of theirs is definitely "On Broadway". I hated what George Benson did to it. The classic version by the Drifters is still one of my all-time favorite tunes ever.