Any Dillion Fans?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Dan R, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's

Are you looking for a solid body or a hollow body?
    I've picked up several of the 'made in Indonesia' Ibanez hollow bodies that play really really well for a a budget guitar.
    I've not plugged one in, but at a price of under $400, replacing pickups would not be the end of the world if it had to happen.

2. Dan R

Dan R Poster Extraordinaire

Ron R. thanks for your response. I have no problem with Ibanez, they makes some very good guitars. I am looking for a guitar with humbuckers. It could be either solid or hollow. I've owned both in the past. A budget Gretsch is still in the mix as well. I have to make up my mind on pickups. I've owned a Gibson with a P-90, not sure I love them as much as some folks here, but it was fine.

I've seen some nice looking LP type Dillions and they got me interested. A Gibson LP is just not in my budget these days.

3. Doctorx33

Doctorx33 Tele-Afflicted

I have always been jonesing for a Moderne but at the time the only ones available were the eighties Gibson and Epiphones which were two rich for my blood. When I saw Dillion had a version I got one, it was $500 with a case. This was about ten years ago.

It was a very good guitar, needed a setup but that's no big deal. My guitar tech convinced me to flip it because it has some wood filler a couple of places on the body and neck. I now wish I hadn't because it really was no big deal and like I said, it was a very good guitar.

Like all Dillions the body wasn't exactly like the real thing, they changed the shape just enough to avoid a lawsuit from Gibson.

4. stillrockin

stillrockin Tele-Meister

2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Purchased used, last week, in 'like new' condition. Body (3-piece) and neck appear to be alder (deep, deep red/brown sides and back). Carved top must be a thin figured maple veneer. Headstock reads 'MADE IN KOREA' with a 7-digit serial number and 'J' prefix. 8 lb. weight. Earliest impressions: very well-done fretboard/ fretwork (quite playable), nice creme-colored appointments (binding, pickguard, pickup surrounds, control cavity covers), useable dual humbucker tones and a great overall appearance. $200.

5. Donny Osmond fan

Donny Osmond fan Tele-Afflicted

USa or the imports? I like them but get confused on the 2. Scott Grove explaines it better in his videos.

6. Donny Osmond fan

Donny Osmond fan Tele-Afflicted

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.