Any cool guitar strap ideas?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by blowtorch, Oct 29, 2019.

1. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

2. Chick-N-Picker

Chick-N-Picker Friend of Leo's

Get you some rawhide leather, not that slick stuff. Cut it into a strip the size you want your strap. Cut holes. It will not slide around.

Next cut you a strip as wide as you want some fringe. Cut fringe. Sew it on to the strap.

You now have a really cool rawhide fringe leather strap.

But something tells me @blowtorch might not be into a leather fringe strap. Haha

3. nomadh

nomadh Tele-Afflicted

Try well hung. I know he has done custom work before and I don't think it would be anywhere near that price. Check with him and see.
    https://reverb.com/shop/well-hung-guitar-accessories

tvvoodoo and RodeoTex like this.
  4. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

tvvoodoo likes this.
  5. modavis99

modavis99 TDPRI Member

P Thought and BB like this.
  6. FLHT

FLHT Tele-Meister

I've tried a bunch of different straps and the one I like best, by far, is made by Lakota Leathers. They're made out of American Bison, and they're really soft and comfortable.

7. jamdogg

jamdogg TDPRI Member

some really killer straps in this thread! I have tried a few of the better brands posted here - and they were all good straps - but my goto is that Well Hung Canadian guy over on the Reverb. He makes some sick straps. Comfort and craftsmanship are unequaled in my experiences. Truly unique, "small batch" stuff (and about the price of a fine single-malt bottle). You are not likely to bump into someone that will say "hey man I have that same strap!" I have one that i use for my acoustic and another one I share with my FSR/LP. The Tele & LP are not light, but that strap does wonders for making them almost feel lighter. I have been stalking his site for something cool that will match my lake placid blue/shell guard FSR so she can have her own.

IMG_1154.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

glenmorangie-18-year-old-old-presentation-with-tube-1555-p[ekm]1200x1200[ekm].jpg

tvvoodoo likes this.
  8. jtcnj

jtcnj Tele-Holic

Another vote for that guy in the Great white North.
    Great quality, very imaginative themed custom straps.

Padded, comfortable and really tamed the neck dive on this Agile guitar.
    SO much nicer than typical straps.

The Agile and the Well-Hung Bad Hombre:
    20190311_185604.jpg 20190311_185620.jpg

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    P Thought likes this.
  9. mitchfinck

mitchfinck Tele-Holic

I've got a few from https://originalfuzz.com/ that I really dig. Mine feel good, have been gigged a bunch, and look pretty cool (in their print and vintage series especially).

10. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

I like Couch straps too, I have a few of them. The only problem can be using them with a nitro finish. The vinyl end tabs can react with the nitro and stick. Badly. Ask me how I know.

Another option could be a maker on Etsy. I have a few guitar and mandolin straps from https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/islandprovisions?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=94666990 (Island Provisions) that are really wonderful!

The only trouble with any of these options is that they may be a bit over your limit price-wise. Still, isn't this a cool strap?
    strap.jpg

(I have one just like it!)

11. graybeard65

graybeard65 Tele-Meister

I have an El Dorado strap for each of my keepers - they last forever, they're beautiful and functional, and I suspect that they'd hold many, many times the weight of my heaviest guitar. Additionally, they've been amazing to deal with.

Mine have the etched silver hardware, and a jeweler friend used liver of sulfur to add a bit of patina so that they looked a bit weathered - they perfectly match my guitars

uriah1 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.