1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Any blues players?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Cheesehead, Feb 15, 2008.

1. aunchaki

aunchaki Friend of Leo's

:lol:

Blues is my mistress. I keep sneaking back -- I can't stay away. Mike Bloomfield opened the door for me a few years ago and I've been all ears ever since. I get bluesy with both my Teles, one has a P-90 in the neck, the other a Fender Classic Series neck pickup. The P-90 is meaner, but the standard neck pickup gives great blues tone.

2. Fourth Feline

Fourth Feline Tele-Holic

I have chipped in kind of late here, but I love the blues !

Rather aptly, my introduction to the blues, was a guy playing a battered Telecaster into a 70s Silverface Twin.

I use a variety of equipment, but just now it would be my Baja Tele into either a Peavey Classic 20 - or '97 Fender Twin.

There are other permutations I have used, or may use if I gig again - which involve a MIJ '57 re-issue Strat, or a Les Paul Standard. Perhaps I might even break out the Laney ( 6L6 powered ) half stack.

Pedal wise I like to keep it simple ( if any ) - but worthy of mention are my Fender pedal tuner ( with mute facility ) - Barber Tone Press or Indyguitarist modded CS3, Bad Monkey, Holy Grail reverb if the amp is not equiped. I am also going to experiment with an ISP Decimator if I get gigging again. I just want it to be smooth and professional sounding.

My inspirations remain the minimalists; B.B.King, Peter Green, Snowy White, Larry Carlton, Gregor Hilden e.t.c.

:cool:

3. romo

romo Tele-Meister

I love playing the blues, either with my tele or Les Paul. Unfortunately the band I am in is mostly just rock, we don't really do any blues stuff but I really like listening to it. Some of my favorites are Peter Green, John Mayall, Mike Bloomfield, Clapton.

4. Roy

Roy TDPRI Member

Blues w/a '52 ri and an Am. Delux. I play through a Blues Jr. or a Fender PA.

5. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Friend of Leo's

Yeah, brother. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Tom

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.