1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

any b benders in Raleigh, NC?

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by RAC, May 27, 2004.

1. RAC

RAC TDPRI Member

This is an unusual request. If there are any B-benders in or near Raleigh, I would like your help. There is a guitar in a store there. Plaza West Jewelry and Loan is the name. On the main page Don mentioned running into a beat up 78 tele in there. http://www.tdpri.com/viewtopic.php?t=19794 I had a similar one stolen from me about 12 years ago here in San Diego. There are a few differences between what the guitar was then and what it looks like now. I figure what the heck. The guitar was originally blonde but i had it painted black. That may account for the "dirty blonde finish". It was a 78 but that those years are pretty hard to nail down. I dont know how they came to that conclusion. My guitar was pretty hogged out like this one is discribed. ie humbucker in the bridge at one time and that sort of thing. Heck I was a lot younger then. hahaha The main thing I would like to know is if it is a parsons white or a parsons green. Mine was a parsons white. Serial number 44, so it was a pretty early one. It did not have a plate where the guitar strap hooked up like later ones did. In Don's post he said that it had a clear plate over the mechanism, I figure that if it was my guitar somebody would put a different one on it as my Drivers license number (i know dumb..dumb) was etched in it. If it is indeed a parsons white, I will follow up more on it but i figure that the PW stuff is a bit esoteric for most pawn type shops so i would like someone a little more knowledgeable to check it out. I figure a guitar could make it to the east coast from san diego in 12 years. I know that I would probably have to buy it as thats just the way stolen property goes in this day and age but the guitar has a lot of sentimental value. It was in a car wreck with me.
    Thanks for anyones time in advance
    Rick

2. JohnnyAtomic

JohnnyAtomic Tele-Afflicted

i saw photos of the one at the pawn shop. this is definitely a parsons white. but this one in question is definitely NOT the same as yours or mine personal one. mine is number #0072 and would look the look the same as one with serial number in the 40's. and this one is not made like mine with the metal cover, and the much larger rout at the strap button. this looks to be an late 80's to recent bender install.
    johnny atomic

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.