1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Any Assassin's Creed Fans?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by hybridrocknroll, Mar 28, 2012.

1. hybridrocknroll

hybridrocknroll Tele-Afflicted

Hey folks,

Just curious if there were any other fans of the Assassin's Creed game series out there? I've been a fan since the beginning, with ACII being my favorite. Also wondering what you thought about the setting for ACIII being during the Revolutionary War? Here's a screen to get things moving. Like? Dislike? Not a fan of games at all? Just throwing the topic out there.

[​IMG]

2. telefunken

telefunken Friend of Leo's

My son plays it. I can't even play Mrs. PacMan. I spent my youth playing guitars. Video games do not interest me one bit. I tried a few time to "Bond" with my son, but it was too mind numbing to me. I just can't/won't play them.

3. skillet

skillet Tele-Meister

I'm a fan of the series; I thought the original was revolutionary in a big way -- I loved just exploring and climbing buildings for the views. I own but haven't played Brotherhood yet, need to do that.

There are some good articles that appeared recently talking about AC3; they're using a new engine and overall it sounds like it is going to be a great game. I like the setting, not many games have ever explored that setting outside of the usual RTS-type games.

If you like AC, you might be interested a game called 'Dishonored' that is (currently) due out later this year. It's like the old Thief games meshed with AC but set in a Victorian steampunk world.

4. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity

Played a little bit of the second one. The Xbox controls are really hard for an old timer, and so far the promises of exploring the big world are all false , the game won't let me do what I want it forces me to do what it wants, the reason I quit the medal of honor and call of duty franchises
    Someday I will give it another try

5. elicross

elicross Poster Extraordinaire

I've only played AC: Brotherhood, but I loved it. I wasn't sure I would, because I don't normally go in for the stealth games where you're dead if a bad guy spots you, and that's what I thought the Assassin's Creed games were. I bought Brotherhood in a leap of faith, just because it got such great reviews, and I basically played nothing but Brotherhood until I was finished with it.

I loved running across Rome without touching the street, going from rooftop to rooftop, leaping down and assassinating an unsuspecting Borgia guard, seeing all the historical locations as they looked back then...all that stuff. I may get AC: Revelations, or I might wait for AC3.

I have a hard time figuring how the Assassin's Creed gameplay mechanic will fit into an American Revolution scenario, though. Will you be leaping from tree to tree? Will there be cities and buildings to climb? Did 18th century America have any cities to compare to Renaissance Rome?

6. hekawi

hekawi Poster Extraordinaire

if you are talking about assassinating the band Creed, then go right ahead

7. Cameage

Cameage Tele-Holic

3 is going to be video game crack. I thousand-pointed 2 almost in one sitting. So excited.

8. Brian blaut

Brian blaut Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]

9. J-man

J-man Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    I've tried to play a few of them, but have never made it to the end. Certainly not bad games, but somewhat boring IMO.

10. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

My kids play them on the 360 and enjoyed them. Me, I haven't had the urge, not my cup of tea. But watching them play occasionally it looks like a great set of games.

11. hybridrocknroll

hybridrocknroll Tele-Afflicted

Same here. 1st game I 1000/1000 of the dozens I've owned. The idea of using a tomahawk just makes it even more amazing.

12. tele-bastard

tele-bastard Friend of Leo's

Need a like button for this too.

13. tele-bastard

tele-bastard Friend of Leo's

It looks pretty cool. I have the original for the PC unopened.. still have to find the time. I used to be a huge gamer. Just cant get a lot of productive stuff done if I need to play too much.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.