anxie-tea

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Exercise is the biggest recommendation I have.

But, in the cruel twist, I will have bouts of anxiety/mini depression when I don’t get the exercise that I need/want/when I want it.

I do it before dinner. Which also helps to burn whatever the hell I eat right after.

JSMac

Tele-Afflicted
I don't have serious anxiety problems but if I feel I that might have trouble falling asleep Valerian does the trick for me. A couple of these before bed relax me enough to get a good sleep. I've recommended it to others that have anxiety or sleeping issues and they say it has no effect at all.

Attachments

• 1642088229178.png
    1642088229178.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 4

Greg70

Tele-Holic
I've battled anxiety for almost 30 years now. Prescription meds are the most effective thing I have found. I never got into the herbal side but there's a few over the counter things that help. The first is a magnesium supplement called "Mag Calm". It's a powder that you mix with water. Magnesium supposedly slows down brain activity and helps with anxiety. Western diets can be low in it. You just have to be careful with supplementing magnesium because it's also a great laxative, so there's a balance there. The other OTC to try is liquid Tylenol PM or a generic of it. Tylenol PM is just acetaminophen with benadryl. Benadryl has a sedative effect and actually helps with anxiety. The great thing about the liquid formulation is that you can dose it based on your needs and then taper down as you start feeling better.

There's also a lot of things that don't have to do with putting something in your body. Have you tried meditation or breathing exercises? There's tons of good apps out there. If you have Netflix, check out the Headspace series on meditation. I used it intensively while my wife was hospitalized with a devastating illness. I would also recommend seeing a therapist. They can teach you things like progressive muscle relaxation and mindfullness, and use cognitive behavioral therapy to retrain your perspective on things. These are skills that you can use for your entire life.

StevesBoogie

Tele-Afflicted
I don't know of any pure plants but hopefully you find the below to be helpful.

I've just discovered Lunchbox Alchemy CBD Gummies Full Spectrum 250mg Relief, but the link below is for their 'Stress' formula.

I am not sure of the laws in France in regard to CBD products.

I have used the 'Relief' formula and while I wanted it to simply calm me down at night, it actually acts as a better sleeping aid. This morning I woke up for the 3rd morning in a row (6 am) where I stretched every limb like a cat, I haven't done that since I was a teenager.

As of right now, I plan on keeping these around for a looooong time. No hangover, no drowsiness at all.

I have had tremendous luck with CBD products, well, only the chewables, I have not nor care to try the combustible or tincture variations.

I've also had some luck with Magnesium Glycinate if you don't want to experiment with the CBD stuff. I would take a Magnesium Glycinate and in 20 minutes be drowsy and fall right asleep.

But the single most helpful thing I've done is quit booze over the summer. Not a drop since. Absolutely turned my health and mind completely around. I was abusing the snot out of, and even fooling myself into thinking I needed it to sleep, but it was slowly killing me. Don't fall for the booze/sleep need, it's a total fallacy.

Good luck to you johnny k, I hope you find something that helps!!

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
I've recently stopped using it because it seems to give me kicky legs at night, but valerian root is really helpful for occasional sleeplessness. Melatonin has given me terrible sleep paralysis--I avoid that.

regularslinky

Tele-Afflicted
Every pill or supplement I've every tried for anxiety/sleep issues, prescription and herbal, has fallen into one of two camps: "does nothing" or "this is what it's like to be a zombie."

What does help is (1) exercise early in the day and (2) turning off all screens an hour or so before bedtime. I can't say that I always adhere to either of those, but I can tell you that they make a difference to me, especially turning off the screens.

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
As far as plants? It really depends on what state you live in. I’m in Michigan and could make you many recommendations…
I think @johnny k is in France and don't know if he has the options that are growing in the US. I've become really surprised by the demographics in my state who to inside the IL and MI borders (UP) including the seniors building where my mother lives. Probably a few years already, but it was a jaw dropper seeing the store built next to a gas/truck stop I've gone to for decades of trips to Chicago. The parking lot occupied count probably rivals 1/2 the grocery stores and beats most Walgreens or CVS in the country.

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
As far as plants? It really depends on what state you live in. I’m in Michigan and could make you many recommendations…
i am not in the USA. I think i will go to the pharmacist and ask them, because the various products that can be purchased online have side effects on some very few people. Thanks, folks.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Cup of herbal tea in the evening, usually Sleepytime Extra (camomile and valerian).

My wife and I use this, she more than me, but yep... it works for us! Kinda amazing how well it works, actually, cause it puts me right to sleep after a couple of cups. And it's not bad tasting either ;)

Quexoz

Tele-Meister
Kratom (if legal in your area), made into tea for me. Taste is bad (bitter), you just chug a small concentrated amount. It relieves pain I get from...something. Nerve/tendon pain? I haven't been to a doctor in decades. If you search info on it and want a good source, it can be pricey, give me a private yell. It's one of those things they will surely ban eventually. Can't have folks getting off the teat of big pharma now can we!

Last edited:

JSMac

Tele-Afflicted
My wife and I use this, she more than me, but yep... it works for us! Kinda amazing how well it works, actually, cause it puts me right to sleep after a couple of cups. And it's not bad tasting either ;)
We like Sleepy Time tea too and valerian is very effective for me. But a couple of cups before bed would defeat the purpose because I'd have get up to pee in a couple of hours. :confused:

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
2 parts tequila, 1 part Cointreau, 1 part Sprite or similar, 1 part orange juice, juice of 1/2 lime.
Mexican Martini. Enjoy 3 of them and you will sleep soundly and wake up refreshed.

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
2 parts tequila, 1 part Cointreau, 1 part Sprite or similar, 1 part orange juice, juice of 1/2 lime.
Mexican Martini. Enjoy 3 of them and you will sleep soundly and wake up refreshed.
I tried that with beer, like about 3 liters before bed. It worked fine the first few weeks, then after that i would woke up after 3 hours of sleep, and no rest until morning. So it sort of works, but i don't think that is the solution for me.

And in the morning, i didn't look so good. I don't look so good now either, but i noticed a slight improvement.

1642150776552.png

I really need to learn how to post emojis on here.

Vegetable Man

Tele-Meister
I tried that with beer, like about 3 liters before bed. It worked fine the first few weeks, then after that i would woke up after 3 hours of sleep, and no rest until morning. So it sort of works, but i don't think that is the solution for me.

And in the morning, i didn't look so good. I don't look so good now either, but i noticed a slight improvement.

View attachment 939986

I really need to learn how to post emojis on here.

Same here. I actually noticed that I felt more well rested when I quit drinking during the week.