Another "What's it called"? thread

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by TelZilla, Mar 16, 2009.

  1. TelZilla

    TelZilla Friend of Leo's

    Jan 21, 2007
    Cleveburg, USA
    OK, I'm trying to figure out what something is called.

    I had an 80's SS Fender Harvard Reverb, And where the power cord went into the back of the chassis, there was a little plastic doohickey that went around the power cord where it went through the hole in the chassis.

    the thing was white plastic, and you wrapped it around the power cord inside the chassis, and then pulled it through a hole in the chassis. When the thingyt got to a certain point, it would snap tight, and hold the cord so it wouldn't move.

    Anybody know what that's called and or where to get one? Do you think they would have it at Radio Shack?
  2. dan1952

    dan1952 Friend of Leo's

    Jun 24, 2004
    Anderson, IN
    It's called a cord strain relief, and Radio Shack should have one. They come in different sizes to fit different size cords.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.