Well here's another one. I thought I'd share my process for using solid colors to make a trans finish(or semi-opaque if you are stickler). I though maybe a couple of guys would benefit from this. This is how I do it when I don't have acces to my spray equipment. It's not a detailed thread, but you should be able to get the idea. Subject color is Reranch Coral being sprayed over dark grainfilled ash. Subject guitar is my "Supa Fly" Squier strat. It was already finished in clear lacquer so I just sprayed over that. Equipment needed: 1 Preval(or similar unit) 1 smal funnel 1 can of color 1 can of clear I mix this 2 parts clear:1 part color. You can mix it however transparent you need it. I collect the color in the jar by spraying into the side of the funnel at an angle to reduce blowback. I usually have some clear for mixing in a seperate container, but in this case I only had a little bit and needed to collect more. So I collect the clear in the same method. Take the same precautions that you always do while doing this. Wear the appropriate mask and so forth. I hear lots of people complain about prevals, but for me they are perfect for this. Once it's all collected put the lid on the jar and shake it up. Open the jar to release some of the trapped gas. I do this several times until I start to see fewer bubbles. Now you are ready to spray. First I lay do a fairly wet coat of clear, then I immediately move to color while the clear is still wet. I spray the color on the dry side, often from 2 feet away or more. Really I spray toward the body, and let gravity do the rest while rotating the body. The color goes down nice and even despite the preval due to the mix. Spray until you reach the level of coverage you are looking for. I've been able to get really consistent color by using this process. It really does away with that spotty look you can sometimes get. It also gives you more room for error. I can spray freely without worrying about covering the grain. I only used half of the jar on this one, but I probably could've sprayed the rest without covering the grain. For alot of you this is nothing new, but I've had several questions about my process on various forums, so I thought I'd share it here as well.