Another Track I’m Working On - And I Kinda Like It :)

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Andy Summers, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Andy Summers

Andy Summers Friend of Leo's

So I’m trying to compile ideas for an albums worth of material that my friend said he will produce for me. I’m throwing ideas at the wall right now trying to come up with some good (to me) songs. I posted one yesterday and here’s another. Done with my producing skills...which leaves much to be desired. But it’s good to get these down to be ready when I work with my friend.

So without further ado, here you are. I don’t expect anything, but appreciate the listen if you can :)

bftfender and lil scotty like this.
  2. kbold

kbold Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Well, I like it.
    Except for a few of the words, I could have sworn the lyrics were what was going on in the dogs brain.
    And, well produced - better than I could do.

Andy Summers likes this.
  3. Andy Summers

Thank you so much for listening, kbold! Yeah, not everyone like the choice of using curse words, I completely get it.

It took me forever to get certain sounds ironed out in the tracks to sound “right”. And even then it sounds different in every device I listen to it on. I give producers and sound guys lots of credit. It’s like a science almost.

Thank you again for listening and sorry you didn’t care for a couple of the words :)

4. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

I like it, not a cliche to be heard. Very original and listenable.

kbold and Andy Summers like this.
  5. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's

Not bad.
    Maybe you need to add a few breaks. I was getting into it...them needed something to break it up some. So many good parts and grooves in it. I have a producer friend who has an ear for arranging my stuff. Its hard to do by yourself.

Try to listen to it outside of the context of it being your composition. Easier said than done I know.

Good groove going on it for sure.

blowtorch and Andy Summers like this.
  6. Andy Summers

Thank you, ASATKat!!! That’s a huge compliment!! Thank you for listening as well!!!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  7. kbold

kbold Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

No, you misunderstood me.
    Some of the words were from your perspective (the man walking the dog).
    Except for those words, it was like the thoughts going on in the dogs brain.

Andy Summers likes this.
  8. Andy Summers

Thank you FenderGyrl!! Yeah, it’s funny how we need another ear even for our own compositions. My friend that will be producing for me is good like that too! Thank you for listening, the kind words and the food for thought!! I will definitely take your recommendation seriously! Means a lot to me :)

9. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

I agree, the dog had a lot to say,

Andy Summers likes this.
  10. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Kind of echoing FenderGyrl's thoughts, I'd like to hear some dynamics, to break things up some. Get real quiet at some point, probably a verse, and then bring it back up full steam

I like it, in a "woke up this morning" (sopranos theme) kind of way

Andy Summers likes this.
  11. Andy Summers

Ahhh..gotcha! Sorry for the confusion! And good pickup!! I had a first version that was about me still feeling terrible 3 days after a night out partying. I don’t do it much and it really knocked me out. The first version just wasn’t working so i redid the whole thing and changed it up a bit!

Thank you again!!!

12. Andy Summers

Thanks for listening I gotta and the advice blowtorch!!! Good to know what others are hearing :)

13. Andy Summers

Haha!! He always does, ASATKat :)

14. stratoman1

stratoman1 Tele-Afflicted

I liked it. Kinda dirge-like. I remember feeling like that a few times. Ill listen to it on better speakers next time. Kindled aren't exactly hi fi ya know

Andy Summers likes this.
  15. Andy Summers

Thank you stratoman1!! And I hear ya..I’m guessing most folks listen through phones or tablets. It definitely sounds different through something more powerful. You hear a little more of the bass. Probably more mistakes come out too though...haha. So take your time :)

16. bftfender

bftfender Friend of Leo's

Cool stuff, being an originals player since day one. I enjoy when one does what they want. there will always be , you should do this or do that, originals, are to be exactly that.original. Good job.its a cinematic type track that doesn't always have to fit the boring normal structurewhat people expect to come next. Thats easy to do.doing your own thing & believing in it will move you along better than normal

Andy Summers likes this.
  17. Andy Summers

Thank you so much bftfender!!! I’m always interested to hear what folks think, but I do agree with you as well!! I’m always more into cinematic type of music over the popular music structure. I’ve always been drawn to movie soundtracks and dramatic sounds. So I try to do that sometime I guess..haha. O don’t know...just comes out that way.

Thank you so much for listening and the wonderful words!!! It really does mean a lot!!!

bftfender likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.