Another tele build.....

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by billy_awesome, Apr 18, 2009.

1. billy_awesome

billy_awesome TDPRI Member

Hey guys, just joined the site, thanks for having me around.

Been playing for years, always loved the tele, never been able to afford one though. I currently play a Epiphone SG which is a good guitar and I'm happy with, but I want to play more folk music with more of that classic tele sound.

I currently have a chunk of ash that I will be cutting as soon as I have time to trace my buddies Nashville tele.

As for pickups, been looking around and I found some '52 style fender pickups for a reasonable price. link->http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Fender-Orig...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

I know I'm not using maple, but I figure these are a good price and they will give me that classic tele sound.

I will probably just buy pods, switch, pickguard from other vendors on ebay.

As for the neck, I have a rosewood neck from another guitar that I am going to use, I just don't have the money for a better one and I figure I can make the investment later for a maple board down the road.

I did some searching but I couldn't find too much for specific tips on how to make your own tele (maybe I wasnt looking hard enough lol) But if someone can point in the right direction with some links it would be appreciated.

Thanks for having me on the board guys!

2. newtwanger

newtwanger Blackguardian. Ad Free + Supporter

Welcome aboard fellow Canadian!

remember to take lots of photos during your build adventure (we like photos)

You really couldn't have been searching hard (we forgive you) because there are many, many step by step builds with photos here on the site. If you don't mind the process being on a Strat, Ron Kirn a well respected member and builder has a great step-by-step on his site HERE

Good Luck!

3. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.