Another T-type partscaster done... for now.

Censport

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
I think this makes four now so far? With another in the works. Anyway, first some pics.

creamdementhe01.jpg

creamdementhe02.jpg

And now the specs:
New Fender body.
Warmoth neck - maple/dark Indian rosewood, vintage/modern, standard thin, 1.650" nut width, 10"-16" radius, 6100-size frets, mother-of-pearl inlays, vintage tint gloss. And yes, that's Rogue on the headstock, sugah.
Bone nut, done by a local luthier.
Fender bridge and saddles, although I will probably try some Glendale saddles in the future.
Bootstrap pickups, Twisted Teles.
250K pots, tone has a 104K cap and only works the bridge pickup.

Looks-wise, I'm very happy with it. Two of my big guitar heroes, David Gilmour and Rory Gallagher, had white/rosewood Teles, so I had to have one too. The fingerboard looks beautiful and the mint green pickguard really compliments the combination. And really glad I sprung for the MoP inlays instead of the usual clay.

Playing-wise, it's a dream. My luthier had to level the frets just a bit and re-crown them (same for the previous Warmoth neck I got), but the end result is pure smooth. It plays like a high-end or custom shop Fender that costs several times more than what I have in this kit.

Sound-wise, I really like the bridge pickup. The neck is a bit muted and muddy, so I'll play around with the tone controls on my amps. I've played it through both my original HRD and my PRRI with the Celestion. I need to get my original Blues Jr fixed so I can crank it through that. I've got a MiM Std Tele with Bootstrap's Extra Crispy set, which I like a lot. But that Tele has an all maple neck, so it's not a perfect A/B comparison.

Anyway, what do you think? Ain't it purty?

Skydog1010

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Looks like shell pink and three ply parchment/putty solid Pickguard. Looks very nice. I bet it sounds good too.

My eyes aren't what they used to be.
👍

Raising Arizona

TDPRI Member
Your tele looks f’n great.
I refinished my Fernandez shell pink/nitro. Daphne underneath for that eventual non-forced relic. I’m tired of the green 3 ply guards and going white 1 ply non-beveled on all my strats
Cameras can really change the color of what it looks with the eye. Sorry I didn’t mean to highjack your thread
AAFD07D4-5D01-4A01-A719-B653CF48FC09.jpeg
My coral tele often looks more orange than the salmon/flamingo pinky color
11934F98-070F-40DF-AAFC-0E6FADA89B65.png
8BD0ABBE-0619-416A-8AAF-F27B285A9F95.png

Last edited: