Another Stupid Deal of the Day,,, for Righties, Again,,

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Shuster, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Shuster

Shuster Poster Extraordinaire

Bluego1 likes this.
  2. The Angle

The Angle Tele-Holic

I suspect many SDOTD offers arise from overstock, and it's tough to overstock something you barely stock at all.

tery, Shuster and Lobomov like this.
  3. 39martind18

39martind18 Tele-Meister

Maybe you should contact MF and complain about the lack of lefties' rights!:rolleyes:

4. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

That didn't stop Jimi...

Slap Axe, rangercaster, tery and 2 others like this.
  5. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity

Probably at least $600 when it makes it to Canada , so, my heart bleeds for you, really!

mkdaws32 and Shuster like this.
  6. Shuster

Done! They offered me 15% off on any guitar I liked, not bad, but only wanted to bit*h about something I really have never seen even once on SDOTD;) You know, just once would be great, but it will end up being $400.00 off some $3200.00 guitar you couldn't or wouldn't afford,,,

Nubs likes this.
  7. Shuster

Really? $299.99 turns into $600.00 to get to you in Canada?! I had no idea you'll get slammed like that!! I don't get it, what a ripoff!!

8. Nubs

Nubs Friend of Leo's

Ahh man, you really should be used to it by now. Case in point, I went to my local GC a couple weekends ago to check some drums. I perused their huge wall of guitars..

1 lefty.

1 FU%*in lefty

Really.

We just don't get the love righties do. That's why I always shake my head & laugh when I read posts like "This guitar is PERFECT for me, but I really wish they would use the old logo...headstock...blah blah"

YOU'RE A RIGHTY!!! YOU LITERALLY HAVE YOUR PICK OF ANY GUITAR THAT EXISTS (minus lefties)!!! And even some asshats take our lefties and flip them righty. Totally stupid.

I've learned to accept it and I don't get all that tweaked anymore, except when righty privilege comments arise. And as we all know, righties LOVE to throw in their $.02 on lefties.

Rant over.

Steve Holt and teletimetx like this.
  9. Dreadnut

Dreadnut Tele-Meister

I have a bunch of lefties for sale...

10. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

gross

11. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

My $.02 on lefties. (probably worth at least $.25) I sympathize with your lack of available guitars, but apparently all the complaining (and whining?) have NOT made it any better. If the most famous left handed Fender player EVER (Jimi) didn't change guitar makers, maybe lefties should take a different approach. I realize it's too late for you established players to change, but maybe you could do "future" players a HUGE favor, and encourage them to do what classical music players and keyboard players have done for centuries......start out and learn to play right-handed. I know this pragmatic solution isn't what you want to hear, but let's be realistic. At the rate guitar makers are adding dedicated left hand instruments, you should reach your ideal selection goal in about seven hundred years. Or....you could help your fellow lefties just starting out, and tell them to learn right-handed, or they'll experience, "X". (and then tell them what will happen.) I wish every available single woman looked like Olivia Wilde.....but it AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. ;)

Fretting out and Shuster like this.
  12. kbold

kbold Tele-Holic

nojazzhere and Shuster like this.
  13. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity

The website says $415 Can, add crossborder shipping and customs fees.

Shuster likes this.
  14. Shuster

Guess you have to decipher the websites fine print!!
    thBUABQ5CD.jpg

nojazzhere likes this.
  15. Shuster

I am right handed Brother! I had a motorcycle accident which left my left arm so jacked up, I had to relearn to play leftie. I'm just blowin smoke most of the time, just for fun! At last count, I'm at around 60 guitars, so I "Don't" need another, just flyin the banner for lefties, whom always get the short end of the stick! Much Love @nojazzhere:)

rangercaster, Nubs and nojazzhere like this.
  16. teleMc

teleMc TDPRI Member

Lefties unite ... and cry!

17. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

Really sorry about your left arm....luckily I've never had to deal with anything like that. I've had many friends and family members who are/were left handed, and they DO get the short end of the stick. (and often up where the sun don't shine)
    With apologies, I'm NOT blowin' smoke about lefties learning to play "righty". As I've said MANY times, I don't care if someone learns to play right, left, backwards, standing on their head.....whatever. But I try to be pragmatic, and that is learning to play the way 90% of the population do. I'm also serious that classical musicians play (regardless of their "handed-ness") right handed. Books are printed reading left to right (in the western world) American cars have steering wheels on the left (so you have to control the radio with your right hand) and men's coats have buttons such that we draw our swords with our right hands, etc.
    Like Linda Hunt in Silverado said....."They world is what you make of it, friend. If it doesn't fit, you make alterations." Much respect, man......;)

Shuster likes this.
  18. rz350

rz350 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I play left handed and...

Problem solved!! ;) BLOOMFIELD_63TELE_03.jpg

Ricky D., nojazzhere, Shuster and 2 others like this.
  19. Bluego1

Bluego1 Tele-Holic

Shuster likes this.
  20. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Friend of Leo's

Eh, they remind me of a Classic Vibe Squier body with better pickups but then a Squier affinity neck.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.