1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Another quit drinking thread...and thanks!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by WilburBufferson, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Ted Keane

Ted Keane Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

You will be so much better off.I quit over 20yrs ago.I don't know how I could afford it now.Devil's poison.Know what you get when you put 5 people in a room with Jack Daniels?A fight.Know what you get when you put 5 people in a room with Pot?-A band.Stay the course.Good luck.You can do anything.

2. Ted Keane

Ted Keane Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

Black Wolves Sober

3. carpenter

carpenter Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Hang in there

tubegeek and WilburBufferson like this.
  4. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

Fortunately for me, hangovers are absolutely dreadful, and they have been so since my mid-30's, which is the reason I stopped drinking. Last year I decided to drink 3 Guinness one after the other, at home, and take a nap. Woke up later that day with the worse hangover ever, easily rivaling those hangovers I had in my 20's after nights of guzzling hard liquor.

My experience is this: NOTHING good comes from alcohol consumption. Nothing. Just varying degrees of bad.

5. WilburBufferson

WilburBufferson Friend of Leo's

Update two: 50 Days no drinky. My mind is back. I find that I have more control over my emotions. I am posting a picture showing my weight loss as inspiration to others who may be contemplating the same change(s). The X axis is days since quitting. I'm not even exercising yet, just walking more throughout the day. Target weight is 190.

Gratitude to you all!

11 Capture.JPG

6. tubegeek

tubegeek Friend of Leo's

The first mention of "sucking down NA" was undoubtedly referring to non-alcohol beer.

NA in a recovery context is also Narcotics Anonymous.

Keep coming back!

kcarlos likes this.
  7. kcarlos

kcarlos TDPRI Member

That's amazing and congrats! Believe me, you're just getting started. If you do the work, it just gets better.

I had some seriously high levels of daily consumption. It took me about 6-12 months to feel "normal" again. It had been so long I had forgotten how awesome it was.

In almost two years since I quit, I've dropped 50lbs and am in the best physical and mental shape of my life.

If quarantine had happened 3 years ago, I'd be in serious shape or the morgue.

WilburBufferson likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.