Another Psychic Experience!

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
It's coincidences like this that que our cause/effect-connecting proclivities to make us superstitious.

Based on what I've studied about human perception and how we store memories, I think deja vu occurs when a current experience subconsciously finds its way into stored memory as we are experiencing the event--and that 'memory' instantly kicks back out as something that has happened in the past. It has happened to me.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
¡Bueno!™

I shared a couple experiences before here but here's another!

I'm a full time RV'er and found a great place in the Tacna AZ...middle of the desert! I love it. I had a great spot right in the corner overlooking the desert and sunsets. Best spot I could imagine. When I went to reserve it for later this year it was taken and i got an inner space with no real view.

It finally occurred to me I should see if they have a wait list for it and was going to call today...THEN the phone rang and it was the RV park saying the space was now available other guys cancelled...so I got it!

I was actually looking up the number for the park but got distracted and hadn't followed through.

I don't get how this stuff works.....

The bug that hit my windshield the other day wondered the same thing!

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
It's coincidences like this that que our cause/effect-connecting proclivities to make us superstitious.

Based on what I've studied about human perception and how we store memories, I think deja vu occurs when a current experience subconsciously finds its way into stored memory as we are experiencing the event--and that 'memory' instantly kicks back out as something that has happened in the past. It has happened to me.
Well better than my deja vu before seizure explanation.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
When I was a kid, I read this little article in the back of a comic book on reading tea leaves. So, I got me some tea leaves, and read them, and they said I would get a gift from afar. A week later, out of the blue, a lady from out of town, that I barely knew gave me an expensive model airplane kit. I tried reading them again, and got nothing, so physic experience or blind luck? I dunno.

Also, I used to be able to guess the value of rings. How? I dunno that either. One time my father-in-law and one of his girlfriends came over to the house, and some way or another it came up that I could do the valuation thing. He said well lemme see you do it. The girlfriend gave a ring, and I guessed to the exact dollar amount she had given for it. She gave me another and I did the same thing. Then she gave me a third one, and I got nothing from it. I told her there's something wrong here. She laughed and said it was a dime store ring someone had given her and that it wasn't really worth anything!

My wife actually became upset at my doing this and said what you are doing is dabbling in sorcery, and you should stop it. My wife has always been a very Straitlaced person, and I figured if it upset her, I shouldn't do it, and I quit doing it.

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
Spooky stuff...

We recently had an eerily 'coincidental' event. We were discussing a few days ago maybe investing in cordless yard gear at some point, as the technology seems to be fairly well established now.

Then - the old mains-powered electric lawn mower dies the very next day!

So, due to the 'coincidental' event we now have a 56v cordless mower, which does our lawn (well, the collection of various grasses and weeds which looks a bit lawn-like if you mow it regularly) on a single charge of it's 5Ah battery.

Now we are waiting for the weed whacker to die, so we can replace that too :twisted:

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
Last time I saw the Dead Kennedys they played 'Moon Over Marin'.
When I got home I watched the episode of 'Family Guy' where everyone turned into Robin Williams.
The next day I saw the news that Robin Williams had died at his beach house in Marin.

Mouth

Tele-Afflicted
Last time I saw the Dead Kennedys they played 'Moon Over Marin'.
When I got home I watched the episode of 'Family Guy' where everyone turned into Robin Williams.
The next day I saw the news that Robin Williams had died at his beach house in Marin.

I just got a cold shiver.

:lol:

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
A better spot at the campground isn’t a psychic experience. The owner had your name on a list. Sometimes you catch a break. Some folks call it karma. Maybe but probably not. Loyalty status used to draw special consideration. Not so much with the airlines any more but loyalty has paid big dividends for mr at Marriott, now Bonvoy. I don’t think mind over matter had as much to do with that as 1000 nights stayed.

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
Years ago when I walked into a local train station I noticed that the street light nearest the entrance would sometimes go off as I approached it, or if it was already off, it would suddenly switch on.
I was once walking into the station with my 'then' girlfriend and saw the streetlight was on.
I said to her 'watch this'. I made my hand into the shape of a pistol, pointed it at the lamp & shouted BANG!
The light went out as if hit by a bullet.
To say my girlfriend totally freaked out would be an gross understatement.

Buckocaster51

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ad Free Member
I had a vision that the title of this thread was misspelled.

When I checked, it was not.

Holy Spellchecker Batman!

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I use to guess what pregnant women would have. I was right more time then is realistic, but it went on for a long time. When my first wife got pregnant I told her it was a girl and of course I was wrong. Sometimes a streak ends.

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
A better spot at the campground isn’t a psychic experience. The owner had your name on a list. Sometimes you catch a break. Some folks call it karma. Maybe but probably not. Loyalty status used to draw special consideration. Not so much with the airlines any more but loyalty has paid big dividends for mr at Marriott, now Bonvoy. I don’t think mind over matter had as much to do with that as 1000 nights stayed.

The better spot is an aside. The strange part is just today it popped into my head to call them about being on the list for THAT spot in case a cancel......then they called.... Plus I didn't think I was a favorite. Most campers there are couples that get involved with the activities. I made lots of freinds but didn't

I don't claim any psychic abilities but have had weird experiences. Like "guessing" the EXACT drawing in a sealed envelope and drawing it before opened....an envelope across a room I never noticed until given paper and pencil and drawing it in 10 seconds. "There's a simple line drawing in the envelope" I drew the classic ship with triangle sail on a curly sea...EXACTLY as in the envelope!

Mouth

Tele-Afflicted
One time the wipers on the van stopped working in a near hurricane strength downpour. We stopped at a gas station, I took everything apart and a clip had failed. I was mulling over possible solutions and started walking towards the store. As I was walking, it hit me and I stopped and said "I need a coat hanger" and looked down and in front of me on the ground was a coat hanger.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
When I play golf, I usually leave my phone in the car. Many years ago I was T'ing off the 5th and my phone rang in my pocket just as I was about to drive! I'd forgot to take it out. I answered the call cause, dang... they messed up my drive so I might as well find out who the heck it is, and what they flippin' want! Turns out it was a company that I had interviewed with but had long since written off as not interested. LOL!!! They offered me the job right there over the phone, I won the game that day, and taking that job set me up for future opportunities that would set my course for life. To think... had I left my phone in the car that day... ;)

HoodieMcFoodie

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Here's one for the "Believe It or Not" files... (it's a bit long but hang in there)

I work as a Postal Delivery Officer for Australia Post and ride a Honda C110X motorcycle. My job allows me to ride on the footpath as a lot of the letterboxes here in Oz are on the property line rather than the street line. Anyway one day about 6 weeks ago I was delivering and came to a crossing adjacent a roundabout in a busy part of town. As I was crossing the road which I thought was clear I glanced out of the corner of my eye just in time to see the car that was milliseconds away from hitting me. I honestly didn't see it coming until just before it hit me. Luckily the little old lady that was driving was not going fast. She connected with the bike (which was fully laden with mail) and not me. However I was thrown from the bike and landed flat on my back. Miraculously I suffered no major injury and after being looked over the next day by Posts' approved doctors I was back at work and on the bike the following day. The lady driving the car was ok also, a little shaken up but none the worse for wear although there was a small amount of damage to her bonnet and front bumper. A manager from my facility came out to manage the situation and keep the cops out of it and deal with the public etc.

Fast forward a couple of days later and I was delivering mail again in a different part of town (not on my usual run). I'm riding along the footpath and up ahead of me bending down is a little old lady facing away from me. I approach slowly and say, "Don't worry I'm not trying to run you over." I always try and be friendly and have a joke with customers. The lady stands up, turns around and says, "No but I ran you over a few days ago!" It was the same lady.

If that wasn't weird enough what happens next is truly bizarre.

We were having a chat over the next few minutes, making sure each other was okay after the incident and discussing the damage to her car etc., when she says "I don't think they (Aust Post) will ring me about my car. I don't think they will call." I was reassuring her that they will ring, that they are very good in looking after the public in situations like this. Right then my mobile phone rings and it's the facility manager. "Hey Phil, what was the name of that lady from the other day?", he asks. "Hang on I'll just ask her, she's right here in front of me."