Another new guy...HELP WITH TELECASTER ID

Fatmanstratman

Poster Extraordinaire
TDPRIWelcomeLady.jpg

Enjoy!.....:lol:

Got a pic (sharp, please!) of the back of the headstock (square on, if possible), showing the tuners and any serial number?

RichardL

Tele-Holic
Mongrel maybe. A bunch of stuff that doesn't really fit together: Slab board neck with plug on headstock, F neck plate with no serial number (plate looks brand new), transition logo but font for "Telecaster" doesn't look quite right, 5 hole pickguard and barrel style switch tip but plain steel saddles, looks like there's a logo on the pickup, etc. Anyway it looks like a mix of features from the 50's and 60's, but not consistent. Have you tried taking the neck off seeing if there is any info on the end of the neck or in the neck pocket?

Mark Davis

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Looks like some funny business with the headstock decal and its placement.

It could be a partscaster.

See if you can find a serial # anywhere on it on the back of the headstock as Fatman suggested or at the base of the neck.

All real Fenders have a serial # somewhere.

eveninhisyouth

NEW MEMBER!
Hey guys, thanks for the responses.

No serial number on the headstock or any of the hardware.

Pretty sure it is a partscaster, just didn't know if there was a way to tell for sure if it was a production model that may have been modified.

The bridge pickup is a Seymour Duncan, obviously not original. I picked it up because it plays and sounds great. I might end up selling it at some point, and I just didn't know for sure if it was a total mongrel, or just heavily modified.

TeleKast

Tele-Meister
Dodgycaster.- non Fender body, SD pup at the bridge, 1 string tree (???), 5 hole guard.. this has gotta be a Partsocaster... that neck is non-Fender to me too....