1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Another new CV Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by sledge57, Oct 25, 2011.

1. JuSteve

JuSteve Former Member

Another happy NGD. Enjoy.
    I think I have the record low, pound count of the BSB's.
    (a notch or 2 under 6lbs.)

:D

2. Tele-Champ

Tele-Champ Tele-Holic

I played a BSB CV50's at Guitar Center today and it was as light as a feather! It had to be way under 6 pounds. I could not believe how light it was.. :eek:

It kind of made me want to trade my heavy CV50's vintage blonde in on it... My vintage blond weighs a TON... (But I love everything else about it, so I guess I'll keep it.) I was tempted to just buy the BSB outright, but decided I just couldn't justify it... Nice grain on it, too.. (I shoulda taken a cell phone pic..) Played great - great action on it - just where I like it, even with the 9's (which I would change to 10's).

By the way, the neck on the BSB was definitely bigger than my CV50's blonde's neck (but I do love my vintage blonde's neck); and the BSB bridge pup seemed twangier, to boot. Think I like my blonde's neck pup better, tho..

All in all, a tough call not to buy that light BSB CV50's...

3. gypsyseven

gypsyseven Friend of Leo's

Nice one, congrats!

4. smitty54017

smitty54017 Tele-Holic

Someone at Squier/Fender deserves a raise! Nice Tele!

5. Gary in Boston

Gary in Boston Friend of Leo's

So many of these Teles look great I'm starting to suspect they are all photos of the same guitar. But, but this can't be and yet they all look great.

Somebody post a photo of an ugly grained CV please and kill this conspiracy theory?

Gary

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.