Another movie query. Name of movie about guy in Tokyo who claims to have many inventions to his name. Huge ego.

Larry F

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
This is a hilarious/sad movie about a guy who lives in Tokyo and claims to be a great inventor. He says he invented the floppy disc. This has been contended.

The humor is in all the energy he puts into puffing himself up. He rented a banquet hall in a hotel, and expected them to rename it after him. Mostly he wanted the signage to imply that he donated money to build it.

He wanted a huge birthday extravaganza. The only attendee was his daughter, who stood checking her watch constantly.

I can't remember the name of it, and where it can be found.

JeffroJones

Tele-Meister

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
IMDB link:
The Invention of Dr. Nakamats

Yeah, Dr. Nakamats.
An exploration of delusion.
If you like documentaries about Delusionists, you could also try Herzog's "Grizzly Man".
A cautionary tale about what happens when you live out your fantasies in the presence of large carnivores.

:::
I watched that Grizzly Man doc just a couple nights ago. I mean the guy was in tune with nature, he pretty much made those foxes his pets. But a bear is a bear. And I don't really blame that bear for eating him. He was probably just fed up with him. I mean that's what happens when people get too close to bears, the bears become acclimated and think it's normal to be around people, just like that one native said. And then things end badly, for the people and for the bears. It was tragic that that woman died though

Last edited:

Killing Floor

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Definitely this one.
1669245432996.jpeg