1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Another good one gone.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Jakedog, Oct 28, 2020.

1. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

We don't always recognize when the sun is shining on us... when the good times are... when things are synched up and we are winning... shoot, too many times, I have thought, in those moments that I was behind or failing or missing something else. Having a lot of loss early has its benefits, you know it can happen and how awful it is, if we're lucky we learn then, to stop and mentally snapshot those moments and invest in them (in terms of remembrance)

I watched the video twice and had an array of thoughts, but the prevailing one was, I hope Randy loved that moment and stored it versus 'just another gig' or 'dang I dropped a word'

As I grow older (yay) I often note to myself, 'I might not ever do this thing again, so, enjoy it.' and I do.

Glad you are taking steps to be with us longer Jakedog.... I want to hear your voice here for as long as I can hear it.

2. olewaylonfan74

olewaylonfan74 TDPRI Member

Very sorry for your loss. RIP Randy.

Jakedog likes this.
  3. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

Gone but not forgotten . . .

Jakedog likes this.
  4. Durtdog

Durtdog Poster Extraordinaire

Sorry about the loss of your friend, Jakedog.

I liked his song.

Jakedog likes this.
  5. skradlee

skradlee TDPRI Member

I quit on July 6th 2017, and I can say that even now the cravings have never fully gone away, but it is well worth it. I did the math of how much I spent each year, and realized that i would rather put that kind of money into guitars. I can't say that it was a good thing or not, but I was constantly "rewarding" myself for time without a cigarette with pedals and parts in the beginning.

Jakedog likes this.
  6. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Whatever works, man. I bought myself a real nice Les Paul with what I didn’t spend on smokes this year. Which in turn allowed me to spend money on a real nice acoustic. It’s a domino effect.

7. Old Plank

Old Plank Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Sorry to hear JD ... i didn't know of Randy but that was a real nice song and performance.

Jakedog likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.