Another GC LE Rosewood Neck Tele On The Way?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by GunMonkeyINTL, Jun 30, 2018.

1. GunMonkeyINTL

GunMonkeyINTL TDPRI Member

I was in my local GC yesterday buying one of the LE Surf Green Rosewood Neck Teles (gratuitous unboxing, and post-setup shots below), and I accidentally saw a newer version of the LE Tele that I cant find anywhere on the web.

The website showed them having one of the version I was looking for in-stock, but it wasn’t on the wall anywhere. They were really busy, and the dude I was working with asked me if I could check the stack of boxes they had out on the floor while he took care of another customer real quick- so I did.

I found a box label with some combination of Limited Edition American Professional Telecaster Rosewood Neck..., so I cracked it open.

It was not at all what I was looking for- but someone will probably think it was cool.

It was an American Professional solid-rosewood necked Deluxe Telecaster with the four knobs, funky pickguard with relocated selector switch, and two humbuckers. The pickups look like WRHB, but I gather online that they’re repackaged Shaw-Buckers.

I probably should have taken pics, but I didn’t realize there wasn’t anything online about it yet. I’m guessing they’re holding it back for an upcoming circular. But, just imagine an American Professional Deuxe Tele, in champagne (blech!), with an all-Rosewood neck, and you’re there.

Fortunately, when dude got back to me, he checked the warehouse and they had one left of the one I came in for in-stock, so I got to crack the box on that one, too.

I’ve played 6 or 7 of these things over the last couple months, just window shopping, and I would have bought any one of them. It seems like they’re pretty consistent with the American Professional line- taking what I’ve seen over the past couple months, I wouldn’t have any issue with ordering one online.

80A46720-341B-4B11-A0E5-30BADC56B21C.jpeg
    BF0D0C76-1B48-46D8-8884-4B15BBF2B16B.jpeg

51F071FD-C673-44AA-8B4F-5FF11108114F.jpeg

2. jmontgomery

jmontgomery Tele-Meister

I guess since I have both the LE Strat and the LE Tele I’ll have to keep an eye out for the LE Deluxe Tele :)

GunMonkeyINTL likes this.
  3. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

That is one sweet tele!!!

4. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

THAT is an awesome neck. Sweet, sweet, sweet.

5. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

That's soooo sweet, my teeth hurt!
    And yes; get the matching strat...
    Peace - Deeve

6. Greenwell

Greenwell NEW MEMBER!

7. omni43

omni43 TDPRI Member

I believe they had an earlier version from 2015 that had a solid rosewood neck, and Texas Special or Tex Mex pick ups, I forget which. I had been looking for one recently but no luck. They only made a limited number. I should have bought one while I had the chance.

8. omni43

omni43 TDPRI Member

Actually they were Twisted Tele pickups.

9. bl28

bl28 Tele-Meister

The 2016 was an American Standard with a Broadcaster in the bridge and a Twisted Tele in the neck. The 2017 was an American Professional with V-Mods.

G-52 likes this.
  10. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

That's a looker for sure!
    And I dig the strap too :cool:

11. guitfiddles

guitfiddles TDPRI Member

I had the 2017 and I loved it! Had to sell it because we needed the money. Sure wish I still had it!

12. G-52

G-52 Tele-Meister

Op: I probably should have taken pics, but I didn’t realize there wasn’t anything online about it yet. I’m guessing they’re holding it back for an upcoming circular. But, just imagine an American Professional Deuxe Tele, in champagne (blech!), with an all-Rosewood neck, and you’re there.

84CAE46F-DC4A-488B-BCF4-2440BDDC24F0.jpeg 32164554-B7C6-4306-BCE7-FE3EB9DF7308.jpeg

A couple weeks ago I was in GC returning a guitar and ended up trading my 2016 American Standard surf green Ltd Ed, for the champagne 2018 American Professional Delux Ltd Edition. Nice guitars ... maybe got tired of the green, enjoy!;)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  13. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Wow! That’s a beauty too! If you record anything with it, please post it here. I would love to hear how the rosewood neck sounds with those humbuckers.

G-52 likes this.
  14. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Gorgeous, congratulations!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.