Another damn Bonamassa thread?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by chris m., Jan 2, 2019.

1. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

It really gets tiring to see every JB thread get hijacked by the JB basher trolls... if you don't like him, fine -- an amazing choice would be to NOT post in a thread that is obviously a place where those who admire his work are sharing with like-minded people.

Wallo Tweed, LocoTex and WetBandit like this.
  2. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

How can you possibly question how I felt about watching that concert beyond what I stated? I found it to be stunningly boring and completely without feeling or emotion. That's how I felt about. You are free to feel how you feel about it.

TokyoPortrait likes this.
  3. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

What I'm saying is I think you're grossly exaggerating your reaction to make a point. You can disagree with that, but it doesn't change my opinion.

WetBandit likes this.
  4. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

Absolutely not exaggerating. I tried to watch it with an open mind and forced myself to stay till the end in order to see if there was anything that would "turn me on", there was not. Yes, he is a skilled player.

5. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Fair.

I'll stay out of JB threads going forward.

LocoTex and WetBandit like this.
  6. cyclopean

cyclopean Friend of Leo's

meh. i'm not into close minded pedal hating blues dinosaurs.

7. WetBandit

WetBandit Friend of Leo's

Man you expressed the exact way I feel and the points I obviously failed to make beautifully.

You've got the right idea.

I used to be a member or maybe even the conductor on the hate train, but I've learned recently that, that isn't helpful or constructive.

The world needs more positive thoughts like the one you so clearly illustrated!

Thanks for this post!

RLee77 likes this.
  8. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Tele-Afflicted

Forget all that stuff, did you see the way the drummer was holding his sticks...

9. whitebread

whitebread Tele-Meister

I think Joe B. should join Greta Van Fleet. The raging swell of guitar forum haters would rant non stop, but the other 99.9% of the rock world would enjoy the epic show.

10. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I believe you, especially since he has to play a sport with precision. Guitar doesn't really require that unless you look at the neck all the time, which I am sure Bonamassa doesn't. Plus being "cool" is something that's been associated with musicians forever, especially when wearing sunglasses.

People do look cool with sunglasses usually. Not when they wear them indoors though. Then it's just pretentious.

I wish it wasn't. I like wearing sunglasses!

I just will not allow myself to wear them indoors.

WetBandit likes this.
  11. WelshBluesMan

WelshBluesMan Tele-Meister

Thinking about it, I suppose first impressions counted for a lot when it came to my feelings about Joe Bonamassa.

When he first came to prominence, it felt to me like he was being pushed on the blues/rock world and hailed as the heir to Stevie Ray Vaughan's blues guitar throne without ever really "earning" it... It's not Joe's fault, the musical press built up this impression of a manufactured and carefully marketed artist, rather than letting the world judge for itself and decide where he fits into the blues/rock canon. I suppose it's a case of over exposure...

I dunno... Just my thoughts.

OtherTom likes this.
  12. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

I know Jo B. is a nice guy. He rings a friend of mine when he lands here and bought a couple of vintage pieces off my mate, stayed, watched the grand Final, had a B-B-Q, went to a local Thai restaurant near our Chinatown and on to his show.
    I've never heard anything bad about him but I just don't like his version of blues.To me it sounds like heavy rock in the 70s. I don't like it and like other posters - you are not compelled to- just because he is technically brilliant.

DuckDodgers and beninma like this.
  13. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's

Hopefully no one is "hating" him on a personal level.

I have never seen anything to indicate he is anything but a quality individual. IIRC he spends a significant amount of time & money raising money for charity, we've never heard one thing about him ever being badly behaved, and there is tons of video evidence that he is very down to earth and very nice...

Hey I would be psyched if he did pull his best songs out of his hat and take over the airwaves.. someone has got to do it to knock all the EDM/Hip Hop based stuff down a notch sooner or later. It is way way way overdue as all that stuff has gotten super stale & formulaic. We're basically stuck in Disco 2.0 and if JB would be the one to start "Disco Sucks 2.0" that'd be fine with me.

WelshBluesMan and uriah1 like this.
  14. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Remember the Nickelback thread here a few years back
    and pro-stones anti-beatles

I like Joe.

15. cyclopean

cyclopean Friend of Leo's

look at this graph.

16. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

I actually don’t even get any of the criticisms toward any famous guitarist who has made a name for him or herself, and that people want to pay money to hear and/or see. Whether or not I want to hear or see them means nothing. Either way, I take the ‘criticisms’ of Joe Bonamassa with about as much interest as I do for pharmaceutical commercials. Background noise, to say the least.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.