Another Custom shop Tele NGD on the horizon

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by golfnut, Oct 3, 2019.

1. golfnut

golfnut Friend of Leo's

So I decided I'm on the hunt for another Custom Shop. I've been so obsessed with Blackguard blonds the past 15 years I'm going to shake it up a bit.
    I'm looking for a 52 inspired telecaster with Nocaster U neck, lake placid blue body with binding.Sort of a 50s's\60's thing. I'm not opposed to a rosewood fingerboard as long as its a 50's profile. Big and chunky.
    The finish I'd like NOS or very lightly relic'd. For pickups maybe twisted tele in bridge and neck. I'd like it to weigh under 7 pounds. My AO 50's tele is 6.5 so I'd want this one to be in that range or not much heavier.
    Think I can find this? Don't really want to put in a custom order to the custom shop as I don't want to wait that long. I'd rather see if I could find it. I don't want to order from a builder as I really would like it to have Fender on the head stock. Although I'm not necessarily going to rule that completely out.
    If I were to go totally custom I think a Kirn would be the strongest consideration.

2. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

Maybe email Fender directly to check if they did that tele?

It would be really be like finding a needle in a haystack especially that there are thousands of CS tele's to sort through..

DanDII likes this.
  3. golfnut

golfnut Friend of Leo's

4. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

i have no experience with 10/56 large V, but I did have a Baja, which was thick soft V. I’m assuming that the large V would have a very pronounced V that would be either comfortable or awkward for you.

i also like U shape necks. Fills the hand and very comfy. I personally would chase that specific neck rather than settling for something youd have to think about and see.

5. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's

Aged Lake Placid Blue - what a great color. They should try that in a production line.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.