1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Another Breach of Contract House Sale

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Throttleneck, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Throttleneck

Throttleneck Tele-Afflicted

I have a rather unique property in New Mexico I have been trying to sell for 4 years. Need to sell it after a divorce. I thought it would sell quickly and I was WRONG. Oh well, live and learn.

Anyway, my ex and I finally got an offer on the house last week. The people were super excited about the place - said it was their dream property. They were in a super hurry to buy. Wanted to close and take possession in 4 weeks.

We went back and forth on the price, ended up in the middle. Worked out the closing dates and the contracts were all signed.

The gear started to turn. I have been off the property those 4 years and I am so ready to move on.

But they were slow to bring the earnest money to their Realtor. First something came up, and they would bring it the next day. Then there was another excuse - but they promised it would be there the next day.

And then they disappeared.

And they haven't been heard from since. This was all a week ago.

I can't figure out why someone would do this.

2. fjblair

fjblair Tele-Holic

Lots of flakes out there, sorry for your troubles.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.