Another Bass bites the dust...

Discussion in 'The BASS Place' started by Preacher, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

So I have sold two of my basses in the last six months.

first was an Ibanez five string that I modded and added a single coil to go along with the double pounder bridge pickup.
    Today I sold my first ever bass. A 1991 Fender MIM that I bought in 1992.

It was somewhat sad watching the young lad walk away with a bass that has almost 30 years worth of memories with it.

I guess I will have to get out my '62 Custom and play my sorrows away...

emisilly, rangercaster, elihu and 4 others like this.
  2. kbold

kbold Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

It was your Fender yearning for a change. You freed it: be happy that it has now started a new adventure.

3. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

I'd bet that kid just got something he'd wanted for a long time and will remember that day forever.

Matt G, emisilly, demon and 2 others like this.
  4. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

So I have had this bass for sale for a couple of months. I did not need the money so I just left it at the price I had it listed at ($400) with a beat up case.

I got a few calls right after I posted it but none of them panned out. There was a "Oh man, I love it, will you take $200 for it today?" and a "I have a couple of acoustic guitars I would like to trade for this, let me know." I did entertain the trades till the pictures of a Yamaha from a starter acoustic kit and a Kala Ukulele showed up in my email.

So I just sat on it figuring someone would come along. I saw a number of similar basses get listed for $300-350 over the course of the last couple of months so I knew it was a little overpriced.

So the kid who bought it tells me he loves it and he gets close to my asking price. He then tells me he immigrated to America from Brazil and sold his two basses to pay for his trip. One of the basses was a Black Precision with a white guard (mine was black with white perloid) and he told me that it would be almost like he got his old bass back.

How can you not make that deal? He did walk away with a huge smile on his face!

5. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Great story!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.