Another amazing musician gone way too young

mr natural

Friend of Leo's
I just got the news that an old friend’s daughter was hit by a car while riding her bike yesterday and passed away. I am beside myself. None of you have ever heard of her. I have been following her career for years through her videos. She was a more talented musician in her mid 20s than I will ever be in my mid 50s. She wrote fantastic songs. When she was a teen, she wrote the usual rainbows and puppies stuff but they were really great catchy songs. More recently, she was tackling more serious subjects. She was a great guitar player and had a great voice. But here’s the thing. She had IT. She had the potential to be really great. I’ve seen a ton of singer songwriters in my time but she had that rare talent of really selling the song and holding an audience in the palm of her hand. I actually left my best acoustic and best electric guitar to her in my will because such things should be in the hands of young talented people who maybe can’t afford them. A true artist gone way too soon. Sorry, I’m kinda in shock and had to vent to someone.

Doctor of Teleocity
That’s terrible, sorry about your friend’s daughter.

drewg

Tele-Afflicted
I first thought by your title that this would be another example of a young, talented artist lost to overdose, or some such story. This seems even more tragic.

When the young, innocent and so full of potential and positivity is taken so suddenly like that… there seems no justice.

I’m deeply sorry for your friend’s, your and perhaps all of our loss. No words, really.

RobRiggs

Tele-Afflicted
Heartbreaking…anymore when young people pass I always think not only of the loss to their loved ones, but of the loss of potential. Sounds like an amazing young lady who did and could have continued to make a difference. So sorry for your loss.

Orpheum

Tele-Meister
There are no words for such a tragedy... No justice can be found in the disappearance of promising and beautiful young lives. I too had to endure such a trauma, got to live with it. :cry:

DanglingNutslots

Tele-Meister
I just got the news that an old friend’s daughter was hit by a car while riding her bike yesterday and passed away. I am beside myself. None of you have ever heard of her. I have been following her career for years through her videos. She was a more talented musician in her mid 20s than I will ever be in my mid 50s. She wrote fantastic songs. When she was a teen, she wrote the usual rainbows and puppies stuff but they were really great catchy songs. More recently, she was tackling more serious subjects. She was a great guitar player and had a great voice. But here’s the thing. She had IT. She had the potential to be really great. I’ve seen a ton of singer songwriters in my time but she had that rare talent of really selling the song and holding an audience in the palm of her hand. I actually left my best acoustic and best electric guitar to her in my will because such things should be in the hands of young talented people who maybe can’t afford them. A true artist gone way too soon. Sorry, I’m kinda in shock and had to vent to someone.
That’s unbelievably sad.

raysachs

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
So sorry to hear. For you, even more for her parents and other family. As a father of two daughters now in their mid-30s, just the thought breaks my heart. I, too, would be interested to check out any recordings / videos if you’re comfortable sharing them.

-Ray