Another “Show Us Your Rig” Thread

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ElJay370, Jun 19, 2021.

1. ElJay370

ElJay370 Tele-Afflicted

Here’s what I’m running today for a driveway session

E4915C79-8341-40B3-8C6E-564DD7377A8F.jpeg

Classic Vibe double bound with CS Blackguards>Digitech HT-6 tuner>Boss DS-1 w/ Keeley mod>Boss BD-2 w/ Monte Allums mod>Original white face ProCo RAT>MXR Phase 90>BYOC “Roaming Gnome” stereo flanger>Delta Lab delay>Roland JC-55

I have new respect for this little Roland. It mostly lives under my workbench as a test amp, but the cleans are real nice and it loves dirt pedals. Plenty loud enough for a small gig.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  2. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity

Two home 'rigs' - for apartment life:

20210521_104914.jpg 20171024_100812.jpg

Use these guitars, or Tele, Strat ( just one) and other Combo amps and one of two similar pedalboards for gigs- or just a Martin

3. Refugee

Refugee Tele-Meister

It's a bit elaborate for an, "At home," rig, but this is fantastic in stereo sound! JBL K120 and a JBL D130F hempcone.

[​IMG]

4. TwoBear

TwoBear Tele-Afflicted

image.jpg image.jpg
    like that guy said whatever gets you through the night! it looks exactly like something I would grab for something quick. Probably trade the DS1 for a sonic distortion, And I usually did TS9’s instead of blue’s drivers, but the rat is definitely a keeper-as soon as Jeff Beck said In answer to someone asking him if any new pedal had caught his interest he said he had just got something called the Rat. I ran out and started looking for one immediately. Looked just like that. Always play P 90s and 45s or one or the other, and I had the old plug-in MXR but I’ve really been interested in those BYOC pedals. I had the Delta labs but they were racks. I’d probably just put my trusty DD5 right there. Or my tagboard effect build of mad professor deep blue delay. If I was staying solid state I had a Princeton 65/75? I think it was, with a upgraded speaker that was just fine for any small thing. This is my rig now for home recording just into my looper. When I go out I take some of the pedals and either a fender Bantam Bass tube amp, or a crate limo and a Roland cube street. I guess when I was taking the second picture I pushed send oops.

5. Cali Dude

Cali Dude Tele-Afflicted

IMG_20210507_151605090.jpg For home use I like these a lot over the past several months.#1: Buddy Guy USA signature Strat into the Clapton vibro champ. #2: Hamer sunburst custom into the Tone King Gremlin.

6. Refugee

Refugee Tele-Meister

Dude, I'll be the first to admit having a problem. But, dude, I think you have a problem. My other rig for making videos looks just like this stuff. A Tumnus, into an AM dual mini bicomp, into an Ethos, into a Yamaha 10 channel mixer, into a Zoom, into a crummy Panasonic jambox as a monitor. After hooking it all up, with tiered power strips, my roommate was like, "Please don't burn the house down!" It's fine...I got this...

It takes a lot of....stuff to get things like this to happen!

7. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nice Hamer!

8. Cali Dude

Cali Dude Tele-Afflicted

Thanks.

9. naveed211

naveed211 Friend of Leo's

EA029267-0968-4FB8-883A-0863731D0BFB.jpeg 142AB3A8-F8DD-42AE-81E7-F1CD93D6ACCB.jpeg
    I added a Red Panda Context for some massive reverbs (Playing a lot of ambient/shoegaze/post-rock type stuff). But this is it. Lightweight, streamlined, sounds great and does everything I need. I love this rig.

MJ Guitars Nashville T-style, Quilter 101, Stage Right 1x12 with Vintage 30, Boss ME-50, and the aforementioned Red Panda Context.

10. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Friend of Leo's

Weird rig guy, checking in...

For playing bass with the band, I use this upside-down contraption (800 watt AudioKinesis 4 x 8”’cabinet, Crown MicroTech 600 power amp, bridged mono for 750 watts at 4 ohms, Behringer V-amp Pro set on JC120 amp model with the gain and mids and compression up).

You probably can’t tell, but the rack case is homemade from scrap wood and amp hardware leftovers from my music junk box.

10AFDFB0-86BC-4A9D-BD05-90CCFAC93E92.jpeg

I play the white Squier P through the upside down thing. It’s stock other than the black dome knobs and a set of .045-.100 D’Addario chrome flatwounds.

The Squier Bullet Special and mystery lap steel join the bass on home recording projects but I’m only playing bass in band world these days.

9B43342B-F7AE-4BE4-8551-6E7239379C5B.jpeg

When I’m doing home recording stuff, I usually take the bass direct into BandLab through the Joyo British Sound, set to a pretty clean setting that breaks up a little if I dig in, and a iRig 2 interface.

The Zoom B2 gets used as my bass preamp sometimes with the band, instead of that V-amp, but at home it’s used through the iRig 2 into BandLab for a handful of guitar and lap steel patches I tweaked in it. Old and passé as it is, I find it to be a durable and flexible unit, once you get away from the over-effected preset patches.

7DD82F6D-5C43-4EEB-948A-E866183C0A86.jpeg

Sometimes I just go iRig>BandLab and use the amp and cab sims in BandLab, which can get a pretty similar sound to what I like if I’m in a hurry: the JC120 sim reacts similarly to the one in the V-amp for bass, where I’ll select the Ampeg 810 cab sim. For guitar or steel it’s the JC120 amp sim into a Fender 1 x 12 cab sim.

11. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

Running guitar through this board

[​IMG]Untitled by D Y, on Flickr

Through a 25W, 59 Bassman inspired
    Amp.. mic’ed

24 track, Fendereedo, gabeNC and 14 others like this.
  12. JL_LI

JL_LI Poster Extraordinaire

2FE0F65E-99E8-4071-876F-55D68A0529CE.jpeg

My SG is out now. Sometimes I want a humbucker tone. I’m using a BOSS EQ-200 to gently roll off low frequencies for clarity and highs to eliminate shrill. I use a Fender Mirror Image Delay to fill space except for jazz and when I want a more acoustic like sound. I play humbucker guitars through the crunch channel of my Mesa Boogie Express 5:25 set to 5 watts with low gain and the mids turned up. I’m mostly a single coil guy but I really found the love for my SG with settings intended to enhance its humbucker tone rather than try to thin it out to make it sound more like a single coil guitar.

Attached Files:

24 track, Tobias, Fendereedo and 9 others like this.
  13. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

This one can be classified as 'the newest rig.'

[​IMG]

I traded a Dean Colt Hybrid that I wasn't using much for it. It's an Atomic Reactor, the 18 watt version (I've had the 50 watt combo for a few years). The guy threw in the Line 6 kidney bean Pod and the big floorboard, both in excellent condition.

It's an old-fashioned modeling rig, which is kind of a contradiction in terms. Those old Line 6 patches sound pretty awesome, though.

- D

14. mexicanyella

That’s a beautiful SG!

Fendereedo likes this.
  15. mexicanyella

Cool!

Before I acquired the Zoom B2 and Behringer V-amp Pro in my post above, I was running my bass through a borrowed Pod 2.0 kidney bean for awhile. Those things still have plenty of useful sounds in them, in a tough housing, and they pack a wallop on the output level! No problems driving a power amp directly, that’s for sure.

StrangerNY likes this.
  16. assquatch20

assquatch20 TDPRI Member

Here's what I usually mess around with at the house:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Live I use the same guitar but with a DSL40CR, and a Nano+ board that's got a tuner, Mooer boost, Soul Food, Carbon Copy Deluxe, and a GigFX ProChop tremolo on the side. A bit simpler than all the wet/dry/wet stuff at home.

17. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

[​IMG] [​IMG]

18. mexicanyella

Is that a 60/60 driving the wet side of the rig? Can’t make out the markings, but I think I remember the 120/120 being a taller chassis than that.

Looks like a fun rig to experiment with, whichever it is!

assquatch20 likes this.
  19. assquatch20

assquatch20 TDPRI Member

It's the 50/50. On the other side I've got an ADA T100S but I use the Peavey usually.

20. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Keeping it simple lately. PRS McCarty 594 and a Fractal FM3.

64513212529__2FC5C661-2966-4336-BEF4-B15073B5547F.jpeg IMG_2717.jpeg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.