Andy Grifitth show.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Donny Osmond fan, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Donny Osmond fan

Donny Osmond fan Tele-Holic

Remember Andy they got chicken, stakes, pork chops, meat loaf, rost beef, and todays special is not bad. Chicken fried Chicken stake. 3 peices 2 scoops of mashed taters, corn on the cob, brocoli, and desert. The brocoli has some spice on it. Tuscan they call it. It hate it. It maks my mouth feel funny and taste really spicy. My mouth almost turnes in side out. And remember Andy if you get here too late the mashed taters get too lumpy. Yes Goober they got good food good food. Better than the chop house Andy. Guess what they were selling to eat? They did not know it either Andy. What did they sell? Horse meat. Yes horse meat. Ernie Gillie told me that at the gas station. Got in troble too. You sure a gross Goober. I am? i'm not hungry anymore. You made me sick tellling me that. More for me I guess. I want 2 specieals. No brocoli. and replace it with green beans. And quite telling me that will be 3 dollars. I'm said I'm having 2 specials. and 2 pecies of sweet tater pies for desert. You want anything Andy? No Goober. Horse meat. that is gross. You sure Andy? No Goober. Hey hurry up in their i'm ready to eat.

[​IMG]

2. Telepirate86

Telepirate86 Tele-Meister

3. Marquee Moon

Marquee Moon Tele-Meister

haha, Love that show. Wish things were more like that now.

1955 likes this.
  4. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

after barney and gomer left the show wasnt as good

ever notice after the barney and gomer years andy was always fighting with his girlfriend...too many jealous episodes...thats weak writing

and emmitt sucks...a sad replacement for floyd

DekeDog likes this.
  5. gitold

gitold Friend of Leo's

My son 38 year old son Andrew is still Ange to his family.

6. verb boten

verb boten Tele-Holic

So true, it faded. But still much better than Mayberry RFD, the show that should never have been.

7. strat a various

strat a various Friend of Leo's

I was invited to the set to watch the show being filmed. It was toward the end of the series. Never crazy about the show, but Andy Griffith had some kind of degree in music, I believed ... he was a real music lover. He was very good in the movie "A Face in the Crowd".

8. verb boten

verb boten Tele-Holic

Nip it! In the bud!! :lol:

puddin and Texicaster like this.
  9. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Horse meat was served at my house at least once when I was young. And my dad's high-school nickname was "Hoss Meat", I always assumed because of his size and his fullback duties, but maybe. . . .

pixeljammer and verb boten like this.
  10. Donny Osmond fan

I like it along with the color episodes. I thought I was dreaming in my school years when I saw it. I could not believe it exsited.

verb boten likes this.
  11. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

12. drmmrr55

drmmrr55 Tele-Holic

Best episodes were when he would tell stories to Opie, like Robin Hood, or Romeo and Juliette, and the historic "shot heard 'round the world", he was a hilarious story teller.

Anybody remember the record, "What it was, was football"? It's what he was best at, also, he was a damn good bluegrass guitar player...

puddin, verb boten and Flakey like this.
  13. Utah Joe

Utah Joe Tele-Meister

Great parody song. I especially like the chorus.

SnidelyWhiplash likes this.
  14. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

String Tree likes this.
  15. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Ad Free Member

I liked the barber dude and the hobos that would come to town.

16. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

A young Clarence White made a few appearances on the show.

SnidelyWhiplash and tonytrout like this.
  17. d barham

d barham Tele-Meister

Grew up with the show. Still watch from time to time. Quotes from the show are just part of every day language around here. You don't even have to say 'that's an Andy line' or 'that's a Barney line' they just know.

18. Jim622

Jim622 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I liked him in No time for Sargents.

When I was stationed in NC. Manteo on the Rodanthe Island is the town Mayberry was based on. Andy lived near and was not spoke of nicely. Apparent there was a drink issue for a little while.

19. Donny Osmond fan

I found in the 80's Maberry RFD. I was 8th or 9th grade. 88 or 89. My pastor loved the show. I never heard him talk about the spinoff. I was shocked to find it on cable at gradmothers house. I taped it on a VCR tape and now have it on DVD with the Andy Griffith show and TV reunion movie. My family watched the shows growing up and now.

I never knew why scenes were played on one network and some had other scenes played. Now I know they edited it. I love the commericals they did in character. And the orginal endings showing them walking home with the sponser adds are never seen any more. Lost and that is a shame. I also have Gomer on DVD missing the sponser ads in character and the orginial openings and endings. Jim was one of my favorite actors and singers.

A lot of fans say when did Andy get married? I watched every one of the episodes? I will say did you watch the Spin off Mabery RFD? They say no. Did you watch ME TV. They said yes. I will say how did you miss the show then. They played it every night for 3 years?

Others will say I never watched the color unless Don Knots was in it and hated the spin off. Don was in the first episiode of that one too. And also had another son. Did not wach it when it was aired the first time in the 1970's. People sure are funny.

20. Donny Osmond fan

I liked all his moves and TV shows. My favorite move is Face In The Crowed. He played a mean ass hole bit*c.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.