And today's massive doofus award goes to . . . ME!

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
There was a Big Bang Theory episode that featured Wolowitz and Koothrapali together pulling the plastic off the screen of a new iPhone. At some level Wolowitz was a doofus. What you need is a Koothrapali. Cool guitar, BTW.

Telecaster582

Tele-Afflicted
I cut the pickguard on my tele because it was cut too large and I didn't notice the the thing had three sheets of that plastic stuff on it!

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire
At least you didn't leave a sticker on your headstock with a crossed-out trash bin on it. Every time I see one, I think that guitar is so bad they have to tell you not to throw it away. I can't believe people leave those on.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I leave the plastic protection film on stuff all the time. The lamp on my desk has been there 4 years, still has it over the switch buttons. Same for the touchscreen and knobs on my pickup. I leave it on a pickguard on a guitar until I decide whether it's a keeper - but that's a bigger deal on Telecasters and Strats because of all the @#$% screws. It's still on the red sparkle Bullet Tele I just got, and it's staying until I decide whether I want to swap out the pickups.

NTC

Tele-Afflicted
I know someone who hasn't taken the plastic off their refrigerator or washing machine - and they are both over 10 years old. Every time I go there I want to remove it.

pippoman

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Nice guitar!
Some people leave that stuff on their pickguard.
You can’t be blamed for not noticing it, though.
That’s what I was thinking. I’ve seen used guitars listed in excellent condition, clear plastic on all the… plastic parts. That sounds weird to say out loud. The only thing I can think is that they may have bought it thinking they might want to sell it soon, maybe?

pippoman

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
So 18 months ago I bought a brand spanking new D'Angelico Ludlow De luxe. So far so good.

And just now, 18 months later, I realised that the plastic was still on the guard.

It was so well applied that I just never noticed.

I have even taken the guard off several times to fix the pickup selector (grrrr . . .).

Has anyone else ever done something this klutzy?
View attachment 945286
Anyone out there with the tagger still on?

Gratuitous picture . . .
I think you posted this thread to show us your new geetar. Show off!🤪🤪🤪🤪😎
FWIW, I don’t blame you.

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I bought a rolling tool chest from Costco about 15 years ago in all stainless steel. It was protected by a white vinyl tape in shipping over the large expansive areas of the chest. I never removed any of it. Just more protection is how I saw it.

Some day I will peel off that tape and have a brand new-looking stainless chest without a single scratch.

pippoman

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I answered the phone when my sister-in-law called…then spent the next two hours saying, “Huh…mmm-huh…oh!…hmmm…”

I still have no idea what she said.
Women! Go figure. My wife just told me I never hear a word she says….or something like that; least, I think she was talking?

boxocrap

Tele-Afflicted
So 18 months ago I bought a brand spanking new D'Angelico Ludlow De luxe. So far so good.

And just now, 18 months later, I realised that the plastic was still on the guard.

It was so well applied that I just never noticed.

I have even taken the guard off several times to fix the pickup selector (grrrr . . .).

Has anyone else ever done something this klutzy?
View attachment 945286
Anyone out there with the tagger still on?

Gratuitous picture . . .
goofy..doofussy?..or otherwise...you have a lot of friends here to keep you company🎸:lol: