And today's massive doofus award goes to . . . ME!

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
So 18 months ago I bought a brand spanking new D'Angelico Ludlow De luxe. So far so good.

And just now, 18 months later, I realised that the plastic was still on the guard.

It was so well applied that I just never noticed.

I have even taken the guard off several times to fix the pickup selector (grrrr . . .).

Has anyone else ever done something this klutzy?
20200722_172334.jpg

Anyone out there with the tagger still on?

Gratuitous picture . . .

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I don't think I've ever done that on a guitar, but I've missed that stuff on electronic devices LOL!!! So... I can understand how this could be missed on a pickguard, especially one like pearloid. VERY cool looking guitar BTW!!! Noice! I've got one of those lil Yamaha's coming to me right now ;)

middy

Friend of Leo's
Sounds like a happy mistake. I’m sure the pickguard looks even better than you thought it did!

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
Cool guitar, and cool miked amp photo! Don’t believe I’ve ever seen that Yamaha series with a LDC in front of it. Mic’s almost as big as the amp! But I bet it works great.

StevesBoogie

Tele-Afflicted
So that's how you get that majestic tone Hemingway! Don't take the plastic off!

Happens to me all the time. The plastic is quite difficult to see. I just peeled the plastic off the 'button' area of our fridge a month or so ago and
we've had it for 5 years now. The fridge is white but the button area is black.

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity
The day is young. Not even out of bed. Probably give you a run for your money, but I don’t think I can run that far.

My capacity for massive doofusiscity is colossal, like a fossil. Brontosaurian, even.

gitold

Poster Extraordinaire
I’ve bought a few used guitars were that has happened. Your wondering why the guard is getting so messed up and realized the plastic is still on.

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Wow!

Exact same one landed on Tucson CL this morning! Same color and everything!

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
Cool guitar, and cool miked amp photo! Don’t believe I’ve ever seen that Yamaha series with a LDC in front of it. Mic’s almost as big as the amp! But I bet it works great.

Yes, it works pretty well. You can check out my bandcamp link if you like.