1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

And Then There Were Two

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Frisco 57, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Frisco 57

Frisco 57 Tele-Meister

Today I brought home another Fender Pro Junior. This one is a MIM Pro Junior IV Ltd. and it joins my old US made Pro Junior from 1994 that I've owner for a few years. The new PJ IV looks and sound great and the price was right! So, first off, I can't believe how well mannered the PJ IV is compared with the US made PJ that's a bit of a noisy Junkyard Dog! So, I got some questions...

Is a US Made Pro Junior considered a version I or II?

The US made PJ has got great tube tone but also has lots of hum and sometime a strange "deep space" sounding non-musical harmonic that I hear as some notes fade out...

Both PJ's are tweed but the lacquered tweed on the PJ IV looks much nicer than the non lacquered tweed on the older PJ.

I've installed new JJ EL84's in the older US PJ and it help a little, but the odd harmonic is still sometime there...Any Ideas?

Here's the old PJ (with a Strat) and the new PJ (with a Tele)

IMG_3818.jpg IMG_3856.jpg

Fiesta Red and thunderbyrd like this.
  2. marshman

marshman Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I like those. Every time I see one for sale I think they're a bit overpriced given the specs, but then I hear someone that know how to work one do their thing and I start to wonder if they're not underpriced.

And they do look good. And you're right, the darker tweed looks more better.

I'm not sure if the info is still out there, but I seem to recall that BillMs Blues Jr pages had a couple useful sidebars regarding the ProJr, too.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.