1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

And then after hitting the ignition switch, it happened. YIKES!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ping-ping-clicka, Apr 7, 2021.

1. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

as usual I went the local Isles of Good multi-plex food store, as I was checking out I asked clerk how is work , to which he responded, "it's better now all those folks were catching up in their after Easter shopping. "I didn't know what to think after Easter,? Trying to shift gears in confusion "after easter "?, but wait easters some Sunday in the future , WRONG!

FACT: I always wanted to unplug from the Great Society of L.B.J. the Shining City on Hill Regan proposed.
    graduate from high school go to the Jr college transfer to Hayward state, get an M.A. in English lit and communications teach at DVC, buy a house in Pleasant Hill or Walnut Creek meet a nice girl ,get married have 2.5 kids buy two European cars get deeply in debt an spend the rest of my life making the interest payments until, well that's as far as I could imagine.
    That is exactly what I didn't want to do. Throw that out the window, organized monotheistic religion that goes to, two party politics , us and them, that goes right out the window, nationalism, out, organized holidays, gone no forth of July, Veterans day, Easter, Xmas, New Years, the space race organized sports ,T.V. Radio stations playing the latest hits 24/7.

and I'm standing there being friendly with the clerk and hits me, all of this stuff came too pass without my having to make it happen . All that I did was want it, wish it to be so and here I am: it's so.
    It's like magic , focus on what I wanted to happen clearly surrender to that wish and it happened.
    I remember thinking that I wanted to be in a room alone making electronic music, seeing my self in the room using the equipment, and years later I realized that what I had focused on had come to pass.

I have been told be careful what you wish for. I don't know the how or why of things involved in moving from this into that. I do remember focusing on something and it happening later on.
    Is it informing the unconscious mind, down there in the basement like a central computer, feed in the program press play and walk away?
    I know that I don't know, how it works the union between conscious and unconscious, if they interactor how they interact. Can we choose to use methods to reprograming the computer in the basement.
    Some people say if you meditate your mind can become clearer, and you won't be driven around by unconscious desires, fears, resentments.
    I know that I don't know how it works.

satiric-illustrations-john-holcroft-13.jpg

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    Toto'sDad, Peegoo and BuckSatan like this.
  2. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Tele-Afflicted

Wife calls it "writing it down for the universe". If you want a more practical perspective when you make a list you will be more apt to direct your actions toward accomplishing things. Stealth goals?

Peegoo and ping-ping-clicka like this.
  3. boneyguy

boneyguy Doctor of Teleocity

There's LOTS of methods out there that address just that....communication/union between the conscious and unconscious processes. Some I think are viable and useful and others not so much.

Peegoo and ping-ping-clicka like this.
  4. BuckSatan

BuckSatan Tele-Meister

Discriminating sub-minds providing a helping hand.

uriah1 likes this.
  5. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

When it starts to get to me, I escape into physics at the intersection of cosmology and quantum mechanics. At least that makes sense.

ping-ping-clicka likes this.
  6. Telekarster

Telekarster Tele-Afflicted

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.”
    - Hamlet, William Shakespeare, 1601

uriah1 likes this.
  7. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Binary for 25 is 00011001. Just sayin'. :D

Wait, did I miss the point here? Me? Really? :lol:

uriah1 likes this.
  8. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

Wishing makes a person superstitious.

Setting attainable goals and doing actual work to achieve them--that's a whole 'nuther thing. I recommend it!

ping-ping-clicka likes this.
  9. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Dyslexics , some operate, learn ,organize information and process information differently than those that are not dyslexic
    There are people who learn in different ways one of those ways is the intuitive learner, intuitive learners do not do as well in the normal educational structure.

Please explain how wishing makes a person superstitious, could you please quote your sources.
    Tibetan monks are know for being telepathic and very intuitive.

Wishing that I was a better slide guitar player is a lot less effective than practicing fifteen minutes every day.

0 chandler lap steel.jpg

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    Toto'sDad likes this.
  10. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

Happy birthday! Make a wish and blow out the candles! Or flip a penny into a stream and make a wish.

If a person takes wish-thinking to the extreme, it can lead them to things like starting up their own religion.

uriah1 likes this.
  11. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I read your post in its entirety, and I must confess, I am too dense to have any idea about what you're talking about, but it was entertaining. The two things I have found that are true in life is if your turn your hands to the right on the golf club (being right handed) the ball tails off to the left. If you turn your hands to the left, the ball tails off to the right. WHY? I dunno, I don't care, it just does.

suave eddie likes this.
  12. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Wishing that I was a better slide guitar player is a lot less effective than practicing fifteen minutes every day.

View attachment 843273 [/QUOTE]

My momma bless her sweet heart, and God rest her soul used to say to me. Sonny, (that wasn't my real name, but that's what she called me, maybe she just forgot my real name, I don't know, ah but I digress) Sonny she'd say, now you quit wishing for stuff 'cause it's a waste of time. Try spitting in one hand, and wishing in the other and see which hand gets full the fastest! You know not only did my momma make wonderful biscuits, but she was smart as a whip!

13. boneyguy

boneyguy Doctor of Teleocity

One of my favourite bits of folksy wisdom is this: 'if you spit into one hand and wish into the other which will fill up first?'

Peegoo likes this.
  14. suave eddie

suave eddie Friend of Leo's

You're not the only one.
    I don't have a clue what the point of the post was especially the first part about the checkout clerk and the relationship to the second portion.

Toto'sDad likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.