And now the electric Chevy Silverado

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
Congratulations on 400 mi range, bit with it all being press releases and prototypes, I'm still more impressed with the Fords coming. The Ford is a far more conventional pickup truck, and they have they are already taking orders for the e-Transit van. Certainly best wishes to GM here but the two Fords are clearly work vehicles vs this bulbous heavy duty El Camino style that requires using passenger space for full haul capacity.

106996942-1641389597807SilveradoEV_RST_Exterior_6.jpg

Bones

Telefied
Ad Free Member
If I can't haul a sheet of plywood with the tailgate up, it's not a real pickup.
I agree and I have a GMC Sierra Z71 with short bed and full sized back doors and seats. It's a luxury car for people who don't like driving cars. My Ram has full 8ft bed, single cab, cloth seats, manual windows and mirrors. It's a work truck.

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
It's great that all of this is coming at a time when our power grid is crumbling and failing on a daily basis all over the country.
Not completely and for some areas not at all true but I don't know if you have interest in knowing more about that, and how to best effect change.

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
How soon?
Where I work we buy light trucks and delivery vans. Fleet sales people mirror what the news I posted in another thread. The gasoline and diesel powered light trucks category is not going away.

I think a lot of the naysayers failed 4th grade math (learning percentages). A few auto makers are more invested in electric vehicles than others but 10 years out the industry is aiming for 20% to 30% of the mix being propelled by electric motors with batteries or fuel cells mostly to serve urban areas.

As someone who used to own a firm that served a GM plant I know how stupid they have been or can be. Still, I can't believe they'd be so stupid as to kill one of their most profitable areas or give that profitable niche to another light truck maker. Also consider this. Just under 1/2 the world's population is rural. There's much interdependence between rural and urban. It's pure contortionist thinking (head up butt and twisted) to think an approx $80+ billion a year industry is going to throw much of that business away.