Anatomy of a many a bad pedal review

suthol

Friend of Leo's
I am very unhappy with the performance of this tool. It wasn’t cheap. I expected my money’s worth.

First of all I paid top dollar for what I have since learned is 99% a clone of other tools just like this one. They used almost the same design but they used a different clever name. The thing is that the originals never worked for me nailing stuff. I have been searching forever for something that does work for me. I expected things to be different for what I paid for this. For the money this thing should have driven in nails exactly as I wanted it to, right out of the box.

I mostly drive nails at home, in my nailing room. I actually spend more time reading and typing words about nailing on the internet. I have been seeking that perfect nailing tool for 20 years, and for this reason I consider myself an expert. I have tried so many tools and not one of them have matched my perfect nailing experience. Sure, some smarty-pants snobby posters on all the forums do say I should just use a hammer, but that would mean I would have to get a hammer and then get good at hammering. Is it too much to want someone to make a tool that does that for me?

So, I sneaked it past the wife and unboxed it and took it to my nailing room. It turned out it was way harder to nail with this than I thought - again. This product worked terribly and got a bit beat up almost immediately. You can see the pictures below. This was a huge disappointment. This kind of shoddy craftsmanship is not acceptable for what I paid.

I called customer service and I was told they couldn’t replace or refund this purchase because a) I bought it used, and b) it wasn’t defective. They tried to tell me some [email protected] about it being intended for wrenching, and that although you can technically nail things with it that they don’t recommend using it for the kind of nailing I want to do. People should stand behind their products and fix or replace everything for me, for free, every time. They will never get my money again. I spent more time on the phone with customer service and writing this review than I did trying to use the thing.

I think I am going to list it on Reverb for $40 more than a new one costs and then add $25 shipping. That way I can get my money back plus more and then order a more expensive nailing tool next month.

View attachment 980376 View attachment 980378 View attachment 980379
Your problem is obvious, you're in the US and you have inadvertently purchased the European metric model instead of the imperial one.

Rookie mistake :lol:

W.L.Weller

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
c06irzmmr9x71.jpg

This is the problem with "clones" people will tell you "oh it's just like the original, no one can tell the difference" but...

ReverendRevolver

Friend of Leo's
Just found this thread. Anyone remember a horror comedy called Freaked?
Ignore Mr T. Wait for the wrench...

In the context of this thread, people expect to do this with pedals.

The fortunate ones use cheap pedals + purchase confirmation type bias to assure themselves they hit a sound they want.

Those of us unfortunate enough to understand that our playing impacts our playing can't buy new hands, so have to work with what we got......

Teleguy61

Friend of Leo's
I just want to be outraged about something.
If I can get away with paying 5 bucks for a product I can be outraged about, that's great,
but if I have to pay 100 bucks I'll do that.
Outrage is priceless!

cyclopean

Poster Extraordinaire
The problem with pedals and pedal reviews is the same. The guy playing through the pedal. Call a pedal what you will and claim it does whatever and you still won’t sound like your guitar hero because you’re not him, or her. Period. Practice. Develop your own sound and style. Then use a pedal to add to it. A pedal won’t recreate greatness. Sorry folks.
Some sounds are built around pedals and aren’t “added” to it. Some also demand certain playing techniques to get the most out of them, or you write around the tone to get the best sound.

Leonardocoate

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
anything can be used to hammer a nail.....I'm looking for a metric crescent wrench