Analog / digital pedals with more than one type of effects but not multifx

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by kokoshmusun, Apr 20, 2013.

1. kokoshmusun

kokoshmusun Tele-Meister

I'm having trouble limiting myself to 8 pedals, which is what I said I'd do because my power supply provides 8 outs, and so I can tame my pedal obsession.

So now I'm looking into pedals that would eat up 1 one of the power supply outs, but serve more than one function (ideally, simultaneously) without being considered multifx. I want to find out what such pedals exist. Let me give my own list so far:

VFE Bumblebee: Compressor + Volume Swell
    VFE Echo Ohce: Compressor + Delay
    Delay + Reverb Pedals: Boss RV-3, EQD Dispatch Master, Muza FD900

What else?

2. Otis Funkmeyer

Otis Funkmeyer Tele-Holic

EHX has a few. The Worm is very cool, it has wah, phaser, trem, and vibe (must choose one at a time though). They can be set to auto, fixed, or expression pedal functionality. Using the range knob on the Roland EV-5 with it, it is very powerful. The worm does require its own 24V power supply, though. The EV-5 doesn't require power.

I love a good fuzz-wah and ended up hitting the jackpot with a vintage Thomas Organ Crybaby Stereo Fuzz-wah (paid $200). It functions as:

1. Wah - this is the original Crybaby brand.
    2. Fuzz - sounds great and has internal trimpots for volume and sustain, can be set to provide a huge boost or cut.
    3. Fuzz-wah - it's fuzz-into-wah and can get you into FuzzTone territory.
    4. Volume - the pedal has two outs, one is normal and the other makes it a volume pedal, increasing with toe-down. This can be use in conjunction with any or none of the above effects.
    5. Stereo Panning - if you use both output jacks, the treadle sweeps gradually from one to the other. This will work with any or none of the above functions, except volume (of course you could just turn down one of the amps).

Plus, it's battery-only, so it won't even use one of your daisy chains!

3. TieDyedDevil

TieDyedDevil Tele-Holic

EQD Disaster Transport Sr
    EHX Tone Tattoo
    EHX Epitome
    Visual Sound Route 66
    Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
    Visual Sound H2O
    Xotic BB Plus
    Digitech Expression Factory

4. seventyeight

seventyeight Tele-Meister

Do the Strymon Timeline and Möbius count?

5. LilCm101

LilCm101 TDPRI Member

If you have two cool pedals that you like, say an over drive and a boost, you can send them to walrus audio and they will rehouse them both into one pedal housing and also make it so that they both only run off of one 9v power supply.

6. tjalla

tjalla Friend of Leo's

Strymon Flint
    DVK - almost entire pedal range
    Route 66
    Carl Martin Trem O Vibe
    Kilpatrick Audio Lush Puppy, Vibroman
    Zcat effects

That's off the top of my head

7. kokoshmusun

kokoshmusun Tele-Meister

Nice idea. So they can run simultaneously on 9V? The only drawback would be if I want to keep one of the pedals and sell the other.

8. kokoshmusun

kokoshmusun Tele-Meister

I don't know those pedals well. If they do a gazillion types of delay, I wouldn't count that. But if they do delay and something else, then yes (even reverb). The Möbius is kinda close to a multifx as far as I remember.

The flint is a better example from strymon: Reverb + Tremolo.

9. TieDyedDevil

TieDyedDevil Tele-Holic

Why not just use a splitter cable to run two pedals from one power supply tap? Voodoo Lab sells the splitters for a few bucks.

10. Sippo

Sippo TDPRI Member

Fox rox captain coconut. Has the essential Hendrix pedals: fuzz, octaver and a vibe. I've been dying to get one but these things cost more than 600€. Then again, it's not that bad if you consider the fact that buying those pedals separately from boutique manufactures will probably cost just as much.

http://www.foxroxelectronics.com/CC2.html

11. ChipOnly

ChipOnly Tele-Holic

The EHX ring thing can do a lot - polyphonic pitch shifting, harmony, faux tremolo and univibe, ring mod - and has 9 presets.

By the way, if you are using a PP2+ power supply at least, you can power more than 8 pedals, either by daisy chaining, or better yet, voodoo labs sells splitter cables to power two 9v negative pedals from one outlet. I have about 4 of those and can power 12 pedals with it.

12. telefunken

telefunken Friend of Leo's

I don't know if they are still made but (listed above) a Visual Sound H2O. I love mine, had it for years. It's a Delay/Echo and Chorus, it does both very well.

13. kokoshmusun

kokoshmusun Tele-Meister

Didn't know about the splitter cables. What's the catch, if any? This is not some weird Voodoo Labs specific feature, right? I have a BBE SupaCharger.

14. kokoshmusun

kokoshmusun Tele-Meister

15. LilCm101

LilCm101 TDPRI Member

Ya it will run off of one 9v plug. That would be the only drawback if you wanted to sell one.. Better make it two pedals that you can't live without!! Haha

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.