An old Pine Tele and a hot rod Lincoln

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Doc3, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Doc3

Doc3 Tele-Meister

Bill is awesome!

2. dan1952

dan1952 Friend of Leo's

Bill is a great picker, and apparently a really nice guy!

howardlo likes this.
  3. Flaneur

Flaneur Friend of Leo's

Jim Jarmusch's Loft- caster..... :cool:

4. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

...wth reverse control plate.

5. Doc3

Doc3 Tele-Meister

I should write my memoirs, "Tales of a Deef Old Rocker.". My first concert was Bob Dylan in Portland, Oregon in 1965, I was 12 and going to boarding school. Barry McQuire opened and played Eve of Destruction six times. There were a motley crew of Maynard G. Krebs types out front protesting (you youngsters will have to look that up, folk music types). They were protesting Bob's abandoning folk music and going electric.

Later, in the 1970's I was in San Diego and went to see Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airman. The opening band was The OD Corral. A decent band but what set them apart was if you sent a shot of Tequila to the lead singer he would snort it. Yes, snort it.

Fast forward some 10-12 years and I happen to be back in San Diego celebrating my birthday. After an afternoon spent at the Pacer Club (whose motto was "It's a kiss away"), one of the fine strip clubs in the area (there was a woman who if you put quarters, fifty or one dollar silver coins on stage she would stick them to her major league yabos. Her record was over 135 coins, but I digress.)

Being in a full throttle birthday mode, aka ****faced, I sent 10 shots of Tequila up to the singer, giving the universal sign for nose hovering. He stopped the show and in a soliloquy which sounded like it had been given at many AA meetings said on the advice of his doctor it was recommend he not sort Tequila, lighter fluid or any number of liquids. My friends and I went onstage and disposed of the Tequila.

https://m.sandiegoreader.com/bands/od-corral/

My family moved to London in late 1966. The greatest place to be in the World as a young rocker. TBC

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.