1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

An Interesting Factoid About 70s Tuners

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by PJ55, Sep 7, 2012.

1. PJ55

PJ55 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

OK...some of you guys probably already know this, but after 40 years of tinkering (and assembling) Teles, I learned something interesting about the famed F-Tuners. I have a project in the works, that I decided to do in '70s regalia. After struggling mercilessly to find 10mm chrome reducer bushings so I could use F-Tuners in a 10mm drilled neck, my tuners arrived. So, I thought I'd see just how loose the bushings were. Magically, I find they are for 10mm drilled holes. So, that job was real easy. And, something I never knew about F-Tuners. I thought some of the guys here, who have American Deluxe (or Special) Teles, you know the one with the vintage bridge and modern tuners, might want to know that changing over to the tuners that match the period of the decal, is a ton easier that you might have thought.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.