1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

AMZ true bypass bords help!

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by FosterF, Jun 2, 2012.

1. FosterF

FosterF Tele-Meister

I Bought five of AMZ's true bypass boards that let you use a spst switch to control a relay. I put one of the boards together in a true bypass loop pedal to try it and there is a loud pop when I engage and disengage it. I added pull down resisters but it still popped then I brought the pull down resistors down to 470K. It's a little better but it still pops more than it should. Aren't these suppose to be completely click-free? Do y'all have any tips to help out?
    Thank ya!
    -Foster

2. FenderLover

FenderLover Poster Extraordinaire

I haven't used those boards, but I'm curious about your problem. Adding pull-downs are a good idea, but looking at the PC board layout, I noticed there is no diode across the relay coil. Is that right? If so, you might try that (cathode on the same lead going to battery +). Failing that, also add a .1uF cap there too.

3. FosterF

FosterF Tele-Meister

I will definitely try this! I'm new to using relays so which pins in the relay would that be?

4. FenderLover

FenderLover Poster Extraordinaire

They are the left two pins in the picture.

AMZ bypass PCB.gif

I'm sure you could get some good advice from Jack Orman too if you email him.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.