1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Amp's on hold, Let's build a Bari

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by mefgames, Aug 24, 2017.

1. mefgames

mefgames Friend of Leo's Double Platinum Supporter

Drilled the body for wiring and bridge screws, rounded the edges, then applied Timbermate black grain filler. I'm sure it will look good an the Mahogany, but the Pine body is anyone's guess. We'll see when I sand it back.

IMG_5360.jpg IMG_5358.jpg

2. mefgames

Sanded back the filler, but I'm not sure about the way that pine looks. I was planning on clear coating the entire body. My alternate color scheme was after grain filling, IMG_5361.jpg IMG_5362.jpg to stain front and back a dark cherry red, to mask that wonky looking pine, then clear. I'll have to think about this for a bit.

3. mefgames

Applied a little color today. The pine actually doesn't look too bad. I was concerned. Up next, clear Nitro. That grain should really pop once the clear is on.

IMG_5363 2.jpg IMG_5365.jpg IMG_5364 2.jpg

4. mefgames

Just shot the first coat of clear, waiting between coats, fingers crossed .......

IMG_5377.jpg

Barncaster likes this.
  5. mefgames

So, after a long hiatus due to the Sonoma fires, I was finally able to get back to the build. Fine sanding and polishing done today. Pics are all from today. Last pic is the mock up just to see how it looks. I should be able to finish it up this week. Still need to check frets for level and assemble the electronics.

IMG_5411.jpg IMG_5410.jpg

IMG_5425.jpg

callasabra and Arch Stanton like this.
  6. mefgames

So, the Bari-caster is up and running. The pine body almost self relics as you can see. Pics are not great, but you get the idea. Tuned to B, intonated with very little adjust, and sounds great. The EMG T system pickups were a breeze to install, all plug n play including the jack.
    Joe Garden bridge w/compensated brass saddles. I'm going to try and get a quick demo up, but I'm not promising.

IMG_5449.jpg IMG_5451.jpg IMG_5450.jpg

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    SecretSquirrel likes this.
  7. Bagman67

Bagman67 Tele-Meister

That's a nifty axe.

I like the Timbermate, but I find the black can really make a piece of wood look like your girlfriend cried when you played "Wonderful Tonight for her, and her mascara ran all over it. Consequently, I generally seal with shellac before I apply the grain filler just so it won't stain the wood.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.