1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Amplitude Deal

Discussion in 'Recording In Progress' started by Lizard, Apr 23, 2015.

1. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Holy frickin' cow!! When you mentioned the Dual Showman I realized I had never purchased it because it just seemed like another Twin in a head style cabinet and you can already match the regular twin with any cabinet. Well this one sounds WAYYYY warmer and more organic. I have several amp sim programs like BIAS/Jam-up etc,.. but this one amp is worth getting Amplitube for...I wish I had used this on my last project!! (>_<) It has the Hendrix'y neck pup tone down in spades (think Wind Cries Mary). Its the only amp that works with the "Fuzz Face" pedal. Clean it up and pair it with a 2-12 cabinet and add a little Mod/Delay and it does a very believable Eric Johnson clean tone (now think East Wes)!!! Just roars with the Moller OD pedal in high gain settings. Great call on this one Wood!! I absolutely cannot wait to record with this one!!

Attached Files:

2. woodman

woodman Grand Wazoo @ The Woodshed Gold Supporter

Yeah, a real sleeper — it's got a distinct character that's extremely useful, though it's rarely mentioned in the reviews. Silky highs in the 6K range that penetrate the mix yet never come across as spiky or strident (unlike the Twin). ... I'm working on an exploratory all-Amplitube project where it plays a featured role. Stay tuned!

3. Lizard

Lizard Tele-Meister

I wound up with the Fender and Orange collections and they sound great! Very impressive. I had already had a taste with the Fender SE package but was able to get several useful additions with the full Fender Collection. I really like the Orange Thunderverb 200. I'm able to get some really nice tones with it. It's embarrassingly easy to get good tones with these sims when I compare it to setting up amps, pedals, mics and moving the mic all over the place to get "the sound". Still not ready to go full fledged digital recording yet, but I am sure the Amplitude stuff will show up in future recordings.

What a great deal! All these amps for $99! Easy to store them too! :)

Here's to hoping that it hits the mark for another free one so I can add the Hendrix Collection. It was a tough choice between that and Orange.

4. woodman

Another sleeper: The Fender Supersonic. I sneered at those when they came out, being a vintage snob at the time, but in this era, it's "whatever works." I had a sweet-sounding cleanish Marshall solo but it didn't really *sing* like I wanted. Plugged the SS into Amp B, cut Gain 1 way back and turned up Gain 2, tweaked the tone — voila, the creamy singing sound I was looking for! ... Yep, this Amplitube thang has got it goin' on. Sooner or later I'll figure out the automation stuff and that'll be icing on the cake.

5. 4pickupguy

Got another keeper this weekend.... The Ampeg B-15R bass amp is the pooh!!! Much smoother and more pleasant than the SVT sim and way way easier to dial a good tone into. It's $4.99 on the iPad in-app purchase....

ImageUploadedByTDPRI1430538314.420857.jpg

https://soundcloud.com/4pickupguy

"It's the wishin' boot...just believe it's true...it's hope in the form of a little ol' dirty boot... " -Wishin' Boot-

6. Monotremata

Monotremata Tele-Afflicted

A little late to the thread but, I own 2 Toneports as well as the full Amplitube and have the sims in Logic 9 as well. Amplitube eats them both alive. I use em for demoing and the JCM800 and Vox models in PF sound nothing like my real amps. Amplitube just about nailed em. The Oranges rule too. Bonus points it has models of just about every Boss pedal I own, and the HM-2 is crucial to my tone. Amplitube has it, along with my BF-2, and a CE-2. I can make an exact model of my real rig with it except for my Line 6 DL-4, which is just models anyways so I just use Amplitubes DM-2, problem solved! I do own the fx pack for Podfarm and it has none of these but the delay. Better selection of mics to use on the cabs too.

7. woodman

The Flip-top's the best amp for bass highs I've found — I often set up a parallel treble track with the Pod Farm or Logic Amp Designer to augment a deeper-sounding track for the lows. ... When you said, It's $4.99 on the iPad in-app purchase, did you mean from the CS menu within Amplitube 3? I just bought it — cost me $25, but maybe the iPad apps are cheaper ... :confused:

8. Rolling Estonian

Rolling Estonian Friend of Leo's

I delved in a bit deeper last night and am blown away! The only issue I have is with Mixcraft, I can't assign my midi controller to A3. No problem with stand alone, I can even assign midi controls when opening the VST in a midi instrument track but can't in an audio track, weird. Anyway, they're on it and not that big of a deal.

Hoping that enough people buy so we can get another free pack!

M

9. woodman

You're way ahead of me, I haven't even looked at the MIDI implications yet. Your help on wrangling the Amplitube interface got me going on the sort system, but I'm not even sure how MIDI figures in yet. :confused:

Not even halfway there yet, but 16 days to go. At least this thread has done its share of spreading the word! :D

10. Rolling Estonian

Why do you think I'm being so responsive in this thread? :cool:

Not being too familiar with other DAW's, when you open a vst in MC it has a midi learn than makes it really easy to assign midi commands, not able to do this with Amplitube. Hopefully they'll fix it as it's so much easier turning a knob than using a mouse.

M

11. 4pickupguy

I have never used it but I know this functionality exist within the iPad version of Amplitube. If I try to open AT from within Auria it just kills my memory so I tend to bounce back and forth copying and pasting from Amplitube to Auria. If i hover over a amp knob in Amplitube it constantly reminds me that I can assign it to a midi controller.....

I posted a short Nobels ODR-1 pedal demo over in the stompbox page using the Hendrix Dual Showman you turned me onto Wood! Yes, all of the iPad in-apps are cheaper i'm finding.... I think I get fewer options on mics and being able to place a mic etc....

Heres that vid with the Dual Showman.....

https://soundcloud.com/4pickupguy/nobels-odr-1-demo-no-gain-low

https://soundcloud.com/4pickupguy

"It's the wishin' boot...just believe it's true...it's hope in the form of a little ol' dirty boot... " -Wishin' Boot-

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  12. Kerry Vance

Kerry Vance Tele-Meister

Regarding stacking the amps.....

I got in on the deal, too. I'm enjoying the Fender plugins, but do have a question. Woodman, when you talk about stacking the amps, is there a way to do that within Amplitude or are you opening two separate amplitude vst effects with each one running Amplitude?

Also, so far I've only been able to use it on recorded tracks and can't seem to make it work as a stand alone or for real time/live effects. Can anyone give me some insight? Thank you.

(added later) I guess I should have included more information. I'm using a Focusrite Saffire 6 USB as my digital interface and running N-Track as my DAW. Again, Amplitude seems to be working fine within N-Track on tracks that I've already recorded and on some tracks that I recorded yesterday. It's only as a stand alone or real time playing that it won't work. I get a really bad buzzing sound on any thing that I play on guitar. The tuner doesn't work, either. I believe my settings are correct with the Saffire 6 as both my input and output. The sampling rate is set for 44.1 khz in both Amplitude and the Saffire 6. I have submitted a request for support from Amplitude but I thought I'd check in with you guys, too. Thanks.

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  13. Lizard

Lizard Tele-Meister

So I checked on the deal this morning and it said that 27 more were needed to get another freebie. Just checked now and it says 32. Huh?

14. Rolling Estonian

At the top of the screen is the signal chain, you can have two amps, cabs, racks and effects with each one. You just have to select the 1-8 numbers for whatever configuration you want.

For standalone, Amplitube 3 has it's own program, I have the icon on my desktop.

Lizard: Looks like we're going to fall short....... I'm hoping they give something....... If they don't, I'm going to email them and ask nicely...... Couldn't hurt right?

M

15. woodman

Stacking amps is a matter of assigning a model to both Amp A and Amp B, then changing your signal path from the blocks numbered 1-8 in the top left corner. The default, 1, sends it through Amp A and Cab A only. 2 sends it through both Amps A & B and Cabs A & B. 3-8 are more complicated ... follow the faint lines with arrows to see what's going where.

I haven't had any use for the standalone, but like Rolling Estonian sez, it should exist as Amplitube 3 in whatever location your system stores applications.

16. woodman

That's wack! I'm seeing 29 needed this morning with 0 days to go. So unless they extend the special, the second free collection is toast. :neutral:

17. Rolling Estonian

Hopefully they'll throw the buyers some kind of bone.

M

18. Rolling Estonian

Deal update, sort of. On the IK forum someone posted asking if they could extend the offer because we were pretty close, no response. I piped in that maybe IK would find it in the goodness of their hearts to throw those of us who took advantage of the offer and spread the word, a bone, a little thank you as it were........

That was yesterday. Today when I went to check, the thread was deleted......... I know that they don't owe anyone anything but just figured they could've given a credit for a pedal or something.......

M

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.