Ampeg Rocketreverb question....

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by BLACKCAT69, Mar 20, 2004.

1. BLACKCAT69

BLACKCAT69 Friend of Leo's

I recently purchased a reissue Rocketreverb...the one with 2 -12's in it. It was used and did not include the original foot switch. My question is....What type of switch comes with this amp? I think it was probably a two button reverb/channel. The single switch I'm using now does not allow me to control both functions however I can do either by manipulating how deep the jack is inserted into the channel footswitch input but this is a bit inconvenient.

2. zook

zook Friend of Leo's

It sounds like it uses a Stereo 1/4" plug. The Deluxe Reverb Reissues used on like that.

Winnie

3. e-merlin

e-merlin Doctor of Teleocity

Yes, it is a two button switch that has a TRS (stereo) 1/4" plug. I think the cord unplugs from the footswitch on the one Ampeg makes. I need to find one for my Reverberocket. You could probably use any two button footswitch, but I'm not sure. I guess I should try my Peavey footswitch to see if it works.

4. Big Cookie

Big Cookie RIP

Switch

All they are is a pair of shorting switches. One switch shorts the tip to ground and the other shorts the ring to ground. The sleeve of the stereo plug is the ground or (earth as Dacious would say).

5. FMA

FMA Poster Extraordinaire

footswitch

I use a Peavey two-botton switch with my Ampeg and it works fine. The only problem is on the Peavey, the switch marked Reverb switches channels and the channel switch turns the reverb on and off...

6. BLACKCAT69

BLACKCAT69 Friend of Leo's

Thanks Guys...

I'm on the hunt for one now.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.