Ampeg 1961 M-12

swampash

Tele-Meister
Incredible find it just too shiny. You solved that one for me. Thank you!

Flyboy

Tele-Holic

ampking300

Tele-Meister
These are all yours??
Yes, Flyboy-----along with about 300 other vintage amps/cabs/speakers, the remainder of my 55 years of collecting/playing/repairing----in the next couple of years I will be selling many of these pieces and will whittle the herd down to about 80 or so of my most historic/early ser.#'s/best sounding pieces----trouble is that I love them all and sometimes get really attached to certain ones and I have a problem letting them go, especially if I have not played them for a while and realize that incredible sound. I am a true addict,BUT, it is a GOOD addiction, RAY.

swampash

Tele-Meister
Ray- Thanks for the introduction to Mitch Colby. He did respond and said he did lots of work on your collection. Unfortunately he is very busy and would not be able to look at the M-12 for some time. Rudy's Guitars recommended a local tech in New Rochelle, NY. On another note I'm thinking about speaker options if I don't love the speaker which appears to be a CTS square magnet ceramic? Not 100% sure what's in there. It not a Jensen. Any suggestions on a good option for this amp? Anyone? Thanks

'64 Tele

Tele-Afflicted
1653656136147.png

Now I know why I never see any blonde tolex Fender amps for sale anywhere 🤔

ampking300

Tele-Meister
Ray- Thanks for the introduction to Mitch Colby. He did respond and said he did lots of work on your collection. Unfortunately he is very busy and would not be able to look at the M-12 for some time. Rudy's Guitars recommended a local tech in New Rochelle, NY. On another note I'm thinking about speaker options if I don't love the speaker which appears to be a CTS square magnet ceramic? Not 100% sure what's in there. It not a Jensen. Any suggestions on a good option for this amp? Anyone? Thanks
Swampash, I have a boatload of vintage Jensen P12P speakers from all years, some are on Ebay and Reverb,( check ampking300 )on Ebay and Raymond's Gear Locker on Reverb, see if something hits you, I will give you a super deal as you are a fellow Ampeger. Also, have many other models of Jensens, but I always preferred the alnico P12P's they just sound really good with many of my old Ampegs/Fenders. Let me know,ray.

swampash

Tele-Meister
Ray I'm interested just not sure which Jensen P12P. Pick me a nice one you think will work with 1961 M-12. I will buy it.

Mitch
(M)347-277-4285