1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Amp Opinion

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Tele69, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Tele69

Tele69 TDPRI Member

Hi, I was looking for an amp that deliver great power on stage, to play live on pubs etc. actually I have a Champion 110 (30w) but it drowns when I play live. I have in target a Fende Stage 100 (100W) good-priced. I mostlly play blues, R 'n R, Southern Rock, some jazz n' country, like Creedence, Lynyrd Skynyrd, BB King, Eric Clapton, yardbirds all that stuff............
    I´d like to know any opinoin that help me to decide....
    And by the way....my girl is a 69 Tele Thinline Japan with Tele Texas Special Pickups.
    If any can give me an opinion for this amp, I'll thankful him.
    Thanks!!!!

2. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Deluxe 112

If you are looking at Fender SS amps, the Deluxe 112 has plenty of power , very good clean channel and a LOT of gain in the OD channel.
    The older Peavey Special and Renown amps have lot's of power and sound decent too for SS amps.

3. Tele69

Tele69 TDPRI Member

Im loockin for a SS amp because a don't have enough money to buy a tube amp. Ofcourse if I have the money I´d buy a fender tube amp. I want to know what opinion you people have about this amp in particular. So is a great oportinity to me because amp shop sell it to me at good-low-price relatibely, don't forget is a fender.

4. bluescube

bluescube Friend of Leo's

Some Options:

Carvin SX100
    Fender FM212 (Chinese made, 100W, 2x12)
    Line6 Spider2

5. Doc

Doc Tele-Afflicted

Syder 2 is a good option here as well I think.

6. Synchro

Synchro Tele-Meister

Behringer makes some nice SS amps;

at a very reasonable price. I have a GX210 which sounds pretty decent and has some pretty interesting overdriven sounds. Even though I have one Fender tube amp and am buying a second one soon I will keep my Behringer because it so versatile and ties up relatively little money. The GX212 pumps out 120 Watts so for a few bucks more you can get a fairly powerful amp.

7. dafack01

dafack01 Tele-Meister

You could buy a tube amp for a very reasonable price. You could try a Peavey Delta Blues (30W, 2X10 or 1X15; tube watts are a lot louder than SS watts) in the $2-350 range. Spend a tad more and you can get the 50W Peavey Classic 50 (2X12 or 4X10) in the sub-$500 range. Some people laugh at 'em, but the bottom line is that for the money, you just can't beat the Peavey Classic series amps (Including the Delta Blues). Lots of Tone for the money. Or if you wanted to go crazy, you could buy a 70's Bandmaster Reverb Head and cab for around $600-$700, but for the money, I'd get the DB.

8. Tele69

Tele69 TDPRI Member

Thanks all!!!!

9. Ben Harmless

Ben Harmless Friend of Leo's

I'll second any reccomendation for Peavey, including the tube stuff if it's not too expensive in your area. There's good working musicians all over the globe that are using Peavey solid state amps because they just don't die very often.

Roland might also be worth a look. The Blues Cube amps might be just what you're looking for.

10. Synchro

Synchro Tele-Meister

Those Roland Cube amps are great.

A lot of value for the money.

11. sintones

sintones Tele-Meister

Blues Cube

I have a 60watt 3x10 Blues Cube and have had great luck with it. Loud enought for the places we play and has a good sound.

Cheers,
    Michael

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.