Amp for p-90 + HB Tele

Gris

Tele-Meister
Us old-timers’ general rule was always single coil with older Fender amps and buckers with newer Fender amps. Older meaning tweed & brown, newer meaning black & silverface.

Jasonpatrick

Tele-Meister
My jr sound pretty fantastic through my 1965 Princeton verb with a celestion gold in it. Also sounds dandy through my 69 deluxe with a jbl..

Jasonpatrick

Tele-Meister
Us old-timers’ general rule was always single coil with older Fender amps and buckers with newer Fender amps. Older meaning tweed & brown, newer meaning black & silverface.
Les Paul paf sounds pretty great through a brown amp .. and a tweed for that matter:)

stantheman

Doctor of Teleocity
NONE OF THE ABOVE
Unless You like Chiropractors, Slipping on
Icy Stairs, and Amplifier Cardio in the rain.

Judging by all that's been stated sofa (funny huh?) so far. The epitome for You
is Roland's Blues Cube 30 HOT.
12" SPEAKER (undisputed one of the best)
30 Watts (The Law in less than 10 min)
27 pounds in weight.
Picture Yourself working in a Shop surrounded by Orange Groves in 1957
in California and an Angel brings You
"The Ultimate 5E3 Deluxe Of Them All"
and all it needs is to be played for the
next 75 Years. It needs Zero maintenance.
EVER...
Find out - for yourself & if you do.
You owe me a diet *oke 75 years from now.
You're Most Welcome.

Augustin187

TDPRI Member
A friend is selling one of those - I should try it - the cube that is. I went to a fancy guitar shop recently and asked one of the guys who worked there about his rig and he was like “whatever I don’t have to carry”

And that’s something I hear repeated over and over and over again on all these forums. Now the existence of little dollys aside. I was an international touring artist for about 3 years and 6 years before that playing everywhere I could in the NYC area. Now granted there was no guitar in sight. As I mostly make electronic music but use gear from the 80s and 90s. I would travel with 6 - SIX - LARGE pelican cases and 1 huge backpack. In them would be 45 pounds of cables alone - through flights and loadouts and fine sometimes with help or a tour manager / roady or a union venue…. But 80% of the time lugging and tuning back and forth and up and down and packing and then loading into the hotel room at night so as not to leave it all in a sprinter and back in in the morning. It would take me an hour to wire and check my rig before I even wheeled it on stage and sound checked it. And this is a world where you are playing 28 shows in 31 days. It never ever bothered me - granted I was un-uniquely a mess in the other aspects of my life and maybe the huge rig was a penance that grounded me and I got burnout in general and now 5 years since my last real tour I’m now sober and can’t imagine being out of my house after 10 pm….. but still. This whole thing of an amp or a head + a cab being heavy…. if it’s part of the mystique and sound and commitment - the lugging is fun. And cabs have handles I couldn’t see three full stacks being a burden…. A combo three times a month to a first floor dive bar with parking…. My gawd. Load into a packed cobblestone festival in Portugal 1/5 mile from the stage. Sorry to rant but this boomer (no offense I aspire to becoming a boomer) “the amp is heavy” thing… get a little dolly. It’s fun.

This all coming from a guy who hurt his neck coughing last week….

Last edited:

hepular

Tele-Afflicted
contrarian position: do what you can to try amps out because everyone's 'tone' is different.

AND as an audio guy, you should be aware that discussions of recorded tone that don't take into account what's happening to the signal AFTER it leaves the amp speaker are sus.

i mean, my ultimate tone is tal farlow, so what do i know??