American Vintage II period C neck profiles

Matthias

Friend of Leo's
So the bridge string spacing of the originals was narrower than modern deluxes and/or the custom and thinline models of that era? I've replied to Fender for more general information on the bridge string spacing of the AV II '73 Deluxe specifically.

Yes. It was 2 1/16”. I don’t think that changed over the run as Fender appeared to keep using the same block saddles. The reissues to my knowledge have never quite Replicated the original spec… Normal HBs in big covers vs WRHBs, trapeze F tuners vs sealed 2-prong, normal bridge and nut width, 12” rather than 9.5” radius… This one is at least getting more right. But then I’m not 100% sure whether any measurements changed by ‘81.

Tarkiner

Tele-Meister
Yes. It was 2 1/16”. I don’t think that changed over the run as Fender appeared to keep using the same block saddles. The reissues to my knowledge have never quite Replicated the original spec… Normal HBs in big covers vs WRHBs, trapeze F tuners vs sealed 2-prong, normal bridge and nut width, 12” rather than 9.5” radius… This one is at least getting more right. But then I’m not 100% sure whether any measurements changed by ‘81.
Cheers for that. According to the Australian Fender customer service rep bridge string spacing was never a proper written specification.
This will be about all I can manage to get from Fender on the matter I would reckon,

"This is such a particular question, because In honesty the difference, If any, discrepancy of string spacing between the original '75 Deluxe's and the AVII Models would be so small that It wouldn't be considered a change or alteration to the string spacing itself.
If this query is to question If the string spacing is historically accurate and in line with the reproduction, it's not something that was a proper written spec at that time either, as this can change ever so slightly by zero point millimeters due to weather/humidity/player set up etc.
I hope that you will be able to get your hands on one of these at some point as they are a fantastic instrument."

I was hoping it could be as simple as confirming that the AV II '75 Deluxe had a narrower string spacing or not but mum's the word apparently. Basically I've been told nothing. I've never heard of or noticed humidity and weather changing bridge string spacing but then again it's something I've never monitored and could be oblivious to.

Matthias

Friend of Leo's
Cheers for that. According to the Australian Fender customer service rep bridge string spacing was never a proper written specification.
This will be about all I can manage to get from Fender on the matter I would reckon,

"This is such a particular question, because In honesty the difference, If any, discrepancy of string spacing between the original '75 Deluxe's and the AVII Models would be so small that It wouldn't be considered a change or alteration to the string spacing itself.
If this query is to question If the string spacing is historically accurate and in line with the reproduction, it's not something that was a proper written spec at that time either, as this can change ever so slightly by zero point millimeters due to weather/humidity/player set up etc.
I hope that you will be able to get your hands on one of these at some point as they are a fantastic instrument."

I was hoping it could be as simple as confirming that the AV II '75 Deluxe had a narrower string spacing or not but mum's the word apparently. Basically I've been told nothing. I've never heard of or noticed humidity and weather changing bridge string spacing but then again it's something I've never monitored and could be oblivious to.
I guess the nut width changes with humidity too…? :D