American Vintage II - coming October

Andoris

Tele-Meister
I doubt it's fake. People were getting emails from Fender and multiple dealers had early listings. But they may have decided to move back the public release because of the leak and Aerodyne announcement. I don't care either way, 7.25 radius is and that shade of BSB is a no thank you for me if it's true

badscrew_projects

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
I posted this in the AO thread, but that one is so long people may have checked out...
price allegedly 2100-2400

Strats - 57, 61, 73
Teles - 51, 63, 72 Thinline, 75 Deluxe, 77 Custom
Jazzmasters - 66
PBass - 54, 60
JBass - 66

More tele details
51 - butterscotch blonde (also a LH model)
63 - 3tone sunburst, crimson red transparent, surf green
72 Thinline - 3tone sunburst, lake placid blue, aged natural
75 Deluxe - 3tone sunburst, black, mocha
77 Custom- olympic white, black, wine

this is great - so much unlike what they’ve been doing before!!!

Oh wait…

Knightrich

TDPRI Member
I went to Nashville looking for a specific strat last month and was told the AO line had been halted/canceled and to check back mid-October. I was surprised when I read October 4th on here. Seems that was the Aerodyne release. I don’t think it’s fake and would just keep my eyes open in the next week or so.

John C

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Not sure why they "launched" the Aerodyne today - I thought they had already launched it around Labor Day. At least they've been at dealers and on Fender's website since then.

John C

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I wonder if they didnt want the marketing to compete with the Gibson Faded announcement?

That faded j-45 is pretty sweet

Other than that fender is offering way more awesomeness

Agreed - I would think that Fender would prefer to try to blow Gibson's Faded series announcement out of the water with the AV II announcement.

And VERY quietly G&L dropped a CLF Research series S-500. It's interesting but for most nothing super-notable; it's not even a mostly-reissue like the CLF Research series Skyhawk. It's the current Strat-copy body S-500 with an Okoume (mahogany subsitute) with the CLF Research cosmetics, including the pre-"nipple" headstock shape and Kluson tuners. But a true "reissue" would have been basically the Skyhawk with the original S-500's rectangular-shaped small MFD pickups (the S-500 came first; the later the Nighthawk/Skyhawk model was the S-500 with Strat-shaped MFD pickups).

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Agreed - I would think that Fender would prefer to try to blow Gibson's Faded series announcement out of the water with the AV II announcement.

And VERY quietly G&L dropped a CLF Research series S-500. It's interesting but for most nothing super-notable; it's not even a mostly-reissue like the CLF Research series Skyhawk. It's the current Strat-copy body S-500 with an Okoume (mahogany subsitute) with the CLF Research cosmetics, including the pre-"nipple" headstock shape and Kluson tuners. But a true "reissue" would have been basically the Skyhawk with the original S-500's rectangular-shaped small MFD pickups (the S-500 came first; the later the Nighthawk/Skyhawk model was the S-500 with Strat-shaped MFD pickups).
Woe! I do like that old headstock shape, they need to do a proper rampage and it’s brethren

John C

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Woe! I do like that old headstock shape, they need to do a proper rampage and it’s brethren

I like the original shape too; but it's my understanding that both CBS/Fender and Music Man sent him a cease & desist over that shape. Leo's split with his Music Man partners (Forrest White and Tom Walker) was very bitter so it wouldn't surprise me that they did a little "getting even" over that shape. Of course once Ernie Ball bought the intellectual property of Music Man out of bankruptcy they went with the 4+2 headstock shape (to kind of match the 3+1 shape on the basses) that George Fullerton originally proposed but Leo decided against for the final instruments.

BigRiver

TDPRI Member
I was able to punch in the first AVII serial number in and got this description here https://serialnumberlookup.fender.com/.

Apparently the crimson red is over a mahogany body, in case you didn't know, now you know...

1665069319073.png

Minivan Megafun

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Based on this the street price is likely going to be $2249 USD. When I do the exchange I'm expecting these to come in at a list price of $3199 CAD. That's a no from me, dawg.

Andoris

Tele-Meister
Based on this the street price is likely going to be $2249 USD. When I do the exchange I'm expecting these to come in at a list price of $3199 CAD. That's a no from me, dawg.
I'm in Canada as well and if that price is accurate, it means the BSB color will be around $200 more than other colors, making it $3400 before tax new. New CS's start at 4k, so ya, ridiculous pricing. Also 7.25 radius? No thanks. "Gloss Nitro" that sounds sus.

Andoris

Tele-Meister
I'm in Canada as well and if that price is accurate, it means the BSB color will be around $200 more than other colors, making it $3400 before tax new. New CS's start at 4k, so ya, ridiculous pricing. Also 7.25 radius? No thanks. "Gloss Nitro" that sounds sus.
For reference, my new 2016 52 was 2700 before tax. Yes we live in a covid material pricing increase and inflation world, but a $500 increase from 6 years ago is ridiculous.