American Vintage '64 Owners Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by pondcaster, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Telebeestar

Telebeestar TDPRI Member

I got mine used from Guitarcenter and it came with a fender tweed AVRI 57 Stratocaster case. The latches were bent and barely useable. So I purchased the black case off of Reverb.com.

Ex-riverman likes this.
  2. dannyh

dannyh Tele-Afflicted

I can officially join now

Picked this up on clearance. March of 2016 build per the neck and pocket stamps, 7.28 lbs, wonderful neck, lovin’ the pups, came with case and all the candy...yeah, there’s couple of small dings but I don’t care, I’m gonna play this guitar so I’m sure it’ll get a few more before it’s done. Got it home tonite and tweaked the truss rod, adjusted the pups and put a set of 10’s on it, now I can’t put it down...happy happy...

[​IMG]

3. bryan83

bryan83 Tele-Meister

Didn’t know this club existed!

I picked up a lovely Wildwood AV64 thin skin in Inca Silver a few months back. She’s an amazing tele all around. Twisted tele pickups instead of the Standard AV64s. Might swap in a AV64 neck pickup.

[​IMG]

Telebeestar, dannyh and whoanelly15 like this.
  4. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

I'm in this here club with an LPB '64 but I do LOVE Inca Silver which is rarely available and yours is a real beaut.
    I had to make my own (with PV 64 pickups), which I shamelessly post here and for which I make no apology.

inca 2.jpg

5. Telebeestar

Telebeestar TDPRI Member

I’m here to add another selection to my membership. It’s a guitar I’d been looking for about a year. Then one finally showed up used at Guitarcenter (about a month ago) and I couldn’t believe my eyes, so I jumped on it and had it transferred to my local store. Put it on layaway and after I sold a couple guitars I wasn’t playing (JM Stratocaster and CS Gibson Les Paul) I picked it up Saturday.

She is sweet and plays awesome. I noticed the neck is slightly thinner than my LPB AV64 and it seemed lighter but according to the scale they weigh the same 7.2lbs. The neck and neck/middle combos are awesome. I can even get som Knopfler like sounds outta both those
    Positions. I’m going to change out the bridge pickup when I get it setup next weekend.

But all and all it’s a Sweet Telecaster!!
    Here’s some pictures and a picture with the AV family.

This club is awesome!!!!

Attached Files:

mimmo, 41144 and whoanelly15 like this.
  6. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Gorgeous!

That's a sweet looking bunch you got there. I'd have had a hard time giving up the JM Strat, though...

7. Telebeestar

Telebeestar TDPRI Member

Thanks,they are pretty sweet bunch!

As for the JM Stratocaster it was a cool stratocaster but I’ve come to realize for me, when it comes to Fender my hands/fingers prefer the vintage radius/frets and the AV65 Stratocaster checked all the boxes that I was looking for as my one and only Stratocaster....

dannyh likes this.
  8. 41144

41144 Tele-Afflicted

Telebeebstar ... It's great, not only is it red .... but it's Fiesta Red and, yes, the pickups are phenomenal :cool:

Telebeestar likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.